Sign in to follow this  
Danny Mac

2013 Lottery Info

BEACON THEATRE/FONDA THEATRE TICKET LOTTERY

INFORMATION FOR THE HIGHWAY COMPANIONS CLUB

In anticipation of extraordinary demand for the Beacon and Fonda Theatre shows, the Highway Companions Club (HCC) has secured an unusually large percentage of the tickets for each show for its members.

Nonetheless, the anticipated demand for tickets to these shows could still exceed the supply of tickets available and we cannot guarantee that there will be a sufficient amount of tickets for all members.

Therefore, inorder to ensure that each member has a fair chance to purchase tickets to one of these special shows, the opportunity to purchase HCC tickets will be presented to members through a lottery system.

As a valued fan and HCC member, this is how requesting ticket access will work. Please read the following very carefully!

1 On Monday, March 11 at 10AM ET for the Beacon, 10AM PT for the Fonda, HCC members will gain access to two ticket request forms, one for each venue. These forms will be available to members who log into the site and visit the News Page.

2 On each form, members will be able to choose up to a total of three shows at each venue that they would like presale access to.

3 Requests will be taken through the forms until 11:59PM local venue time on Wednesday March 13. Only 1 lottery entry per HCC member; additional entries will be discarded.

Please note:

● The club's priority is to make sure as many individual member requests as possible get honored. Therefore, no member will be allocated tickets for more than one show through the lottery system until all members requesting tickets through the lottery have been given the opportunity to purchase tickets for at least one show.

● Because the anticipated demand could exceed the number of tickets available, there may be members who do not receive the opportunity to purchase tickets from the club allotment to any of these theatre shows.

● To further provide ticket access to as many members as possible, there is a strict two (2) ticket limit per Highway Companions Club member, per show for both the Beacon and Fonda shows.

● Please be advised that the Fonda Theatre is less than half the size of the Beacon Theatre. Consequently, more tickets will be available to HCC members for the Beacon shows than at the Fonda shows.

● During the presale, members will be able to access standard tickets and Premium Ticket Packages. Premium Ticket Package details are below.

This is how accessing the presales will work:

1 Those members who win the ticket lottery will receive a code to use to purchase presale tickets on Ticketmaster. It is important to understand that receiving a code does not mean you have tickets! Buying tickets requires both receiving a code from the club and going to the Ticketmaster page to actually buy the tickets! We will provide a link to the correct Ticketmaster page.

2 On Monday March 18 at 9:30AM local venue time, the first of the presale access codes will be emailed out to the members whose entries are drawn. Presales then commence at 10AM local venue time that same day. Make sure to watch your email around this time!

3 Members will have 8 hours to use their codes to purchase their tickets or Premium Ticket Packages (Premium Ticket Package details are below). These presale codes will expire at 6PM local time on Monday March 18. The code will only provide ticket access to the particular show it was issued for.

4 If tickets are still available at the close of the Monday presale, the process will repeat itself on Tuesday March 19 at 9:30AM local venue time, a second round of presale access codes will be emailed out to the members whose entries are drawn. Presales then commence at 10AM local venue time that same day. Make sure to watch your email around this time!

5 During this second round, members will have 8 hours to use their codes to purchase their tickets or Premium Ticket Packages (Premium Ticket Package details are below); we recommend using your code as soon as you receive it to increase the likelihood of tickets still being available. These presale codes will expire at 6PM local venue time on Tuesday March 19.

6 If tickets are still available at the close of Tuesday, the process will repeat itself one final time on Wednesday March 20 at 9:30AM local venue time, a third and final round of presale access codes will be emailed out to the members whose entries are drawn. Presales then commence at 10AM local time that same day. Make sure to watch your email around this time!

7 During this third round, members will have 8 hours to use their codes to purchase their tickets or Premium Ticket Packages (Premium Ticket Package details are below); we recommend using your code as soon as you receive it to increase the likelihood of tickets still being available. These presale codes will expire at 6PM local time on Wednesday, March 20.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PRESALE OPPORTUNITY EXISTS SOLELY FOR OUR VALUED FANS AND HCC MEMBERS. PRESALE CODES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AND REFUND ANY ORDERS THAT APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN PLACED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE MEMBER WHO WAS ISSUED A CODE. WE WILL BE SCREENING ORDERS TO VERIFY NAMES AND EMAIL ADDRESSES MATCH OUR RECORDS.

Members who are not drawn during this process will be notified by email by the end of the day on Wednesday, March 20.

Members may, of course, also participate in the general public on sales for these shows. Public on sales begin: Friday, March 22 at 10AM PT for the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles and Monday, March 25 at 10AM ET for the Beacon Theatre in New York.

FONDA THEATRE PREMIUM TICKET PACKAGES – TWO TYPES

Reserved Fonda Super Premium Ticket Package includes:

- One reserved Fonda Theatre balcony ticket within the first three rows of the balcony.

- Exclusive embroidered Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers large messenger bag.

- Set of four engraved bamboo coasters featuring the latest interpretation of the classic Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers logo.

- Commemorative ticket.

- On-site event host.

General Admission Fonda Premium Ticket Package includes:

- One General Admission ticket to one of the Fonda Theatre shows.

- Early Entry into the venue to ensure prime floor location.

- Set of four engraved bamboo coasters featuring the latest interpretation of the classic Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers logo.

- Commemorative ticket.

- On-site event host.

tp-merch-banner_2.jpg?itok=q00mZKvT

BEACON THEATRE PREMIUM TICKET PACKAGE

Beacon Theatre Premium Ticket Package includes:

- One premium reserved ticket within the first 15 rows of the stage.

- Commemorative ticket.

- Early Entry into the venue for crowd-free merchandise shopping.

- On-site event host.

tp-merch-banner_2.jpg?itok=q00mZKvT

... and the prices? I would really much rather have a decent seat for a decent price than a messenger bag and coasters.

But you're forgetting the two most important parts of the package.

A. Early Entry into the venue for crowd-free merchandise shopping. (Makes me think about that King of the Hill episode where Lucky waits in line for three weeks to be first into Brownsville Station because he wants to make sure they don't sell out of his size, "a ladies medium.")

B. On-site event host. (I guess this is what they call ushers these days.)

I won't buy the packages personally because I'm not willing to spend that much on a single concert. When the Smashing Pumpkins toured earlier this year they offered premium tickets that included a private thirty minute acoustic session and a thirty minute Q & A. That's a special package...this not so much.

Oh dear! I have two master's degrees and am used to wordy readings, but that explanation gave me a headache. Sounds mighty complicated. Do not see how it can turn out well.....

Seriously though... That made my head hurt. Hopefully it all works out and all members can go to the shows that they want to.

Thats why I posted it.. I Figured It would be easier figure it out by the end of this thread!!!! That should be a College Exam or something!!!

But you're forgetting the two most important parts of the package.

A. Early Entry into the venue for crowd-free merchandise shopping. (Makes me think about that King of the Hill episode where Lucky waits in line for three weeks to be first into Brownsville Station because he wants to make sure they don't sell out of his size, "a ladies medium.")

B. On-site event host. (I guess this is what they call ushers these days.)

I won't buy the packages personally because I'm not willing to spend that much on a single concert. When the Smashing Pumpkins toured earlier this year they offered premium tickets that included a private thirty minute acoustic session and a thirty minute Q & A. That's a special package...this not so much.

LOL Thanks for making me laugh - I was wondering about the event host!

Smashing Pumpkins did it right - that's a pretty cool package!

Smashing Pumpkins did it right - that's a pretty cool package!

Even if you're not a fan of SP you can see some of those backstage experiences on YouTube and the Q&A is fascinating. I honestly think the least that can be done is to let the people who are willing to spend the money on the biggest package in for sound check. I could have sworn they did that last time but I may be thinking of another group.

^ yep Marion! I Have decided to sit this one out too! Too much stress for me. I can't stand in line for hours for a good spot to stand for a show at Fonda and am not willing to pay for a chance to have a seat in the first 15 rows at the Beacon. Unless it is the first 3 rows...it is a waste of money. Also, I have yet to get a reponse from my email on whether I am in the "legacy" group or not. It doesn't have to be so hard! Last year, I got a couple of tickets in the second row for Bob Seger without any drama or paying for a fan club membership. Also I did not have a group of drunks irritating everyone through the whole show. Paid premium ticket prices for TPATH last year and could not enjoy the show for the drunks in the front row.

I do not like to be negative, but I cannot go through this hassle to get tickets again.

Can anyone on here please explain to me how do this lottery system work...and what is the actual price of a premium package for the Fonda theatre as i tried numerous times tonight to log into Tom Petty.com but it keeps saying my password is not right...and i could still go in this morning.

please help to give me some direction on this issue

Appreciate

Thanx

Antoinette

Even if you're not a fan of SP you can see some of those backstage experiences on YouTube and the Q&A is fascinating. I honestly think the least that can be done is to let the people who are willing to spend the money on the biggest package in for sound check. I could have sworn they did that last time but I may be thinking of another group.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers has a special sound system that allows them to not be present for a sound check. I think it either goes through techs or they have a special recording to test the sound; I can't quite remember.

They might do sound checks for a smaller venue, but for the most part, I'm 90% positive they don't have to be there.

But I do see what you are saying.

That's a great option the SP had. I'm not a fan myself, but an acoustic set or Q&A or both or something similar would be great.

I'm just going to get whatever ticket I can for the Fonda theater, drive up there and go to the show. It's a pretty small theater so no matter where I am it won't be too far away from the stage.

I do like those coasters, though. LOL

I'm going to try to go to at least one Fonda show. Sorry, though; I'm not willing to pay for the HCC membership just to have a chance at the presale.

In anticipation of extraordinary demand for the Beacon and Fonda Theatre shows,
Just had to comment on this. The 2011 Northridge shows were even smaller than the Fonda (500 seats vs 1500). As I recall, Cathy was able to call in to KCSN and get tickets pretty easily! (I think she bought for two or three others in addition to herself). Is the demand for these shows REALLY going to be "extraordinary"? I don't know, maybe it's just me. :confused:

Sorry, I'm not really that into getting "stuff" for free. I still have piles of MOJO Cds and posters from my last go round with the HCC. If there was some really good merch, I think I would be ok with buying it.

Just hoping to get good seats at the Beacon. At least one show. Somehow I think that these tickets are going to get scalped no matter what.