Sign in to follow this  
Danny Mac

2013 Lottery Info

^How about this one?? :eek: The Kabuki is also a small venue.

kabuki_1983.jpg

Anyway, twelve years ago I paid just over $100 for a ticket to The Joint in Vegas. Again, I think the Fonda's GA ticket prices (for the general sale that starts tomorrow) are fair.

I really have to wonder, though, how many $450 tickets were actually sold; even the die-hard Farmer fans here are just saying no to these prices for the most part. When it comes to the Beacon and the Fonda, I'm sure there will not be a bad seat in the house. How many people think these premium packages are worth the price?

Couldn't agree more with those who do not want to pay the premium prices. A few years ago when these premium packages first started appearing I almost pulled the trigger on 2 front row seats at SPAC but my wife and I wanted to bring our 2 teenage kids to see the band. So we bought 4 regular priced tickets for the same cost of the 2 front row tickets. I figured if I was going to pay that much money it was better served letting our kids see the band with us than just my wife and I seeing them from the front row.

The ticket stubbs people are showing are 10 years old and 30 years old. Everything goes up over the years. You don't have to get premium packages. I got 2nd row tickets and they were 156.00 each.

^ I agree with you there, Playback. There are reasonably priced tickets. No one is forced to buy premium tickets. Those tickets would be much more costly if resold by ticket scalpers. I'd rather the band and crew get the money. I like the HCC and the will-call system.

^ You're obviously too young to know, you'd be lucky to get a house with a $5,000 down payment back then!! Check ancient history classes in your area and see if they have a class on the 1960's. I didn't need that class, cuz I lived it!!!!

I NEVER said that, I'm just saying that you can't quote prices on anything from the 60's IF you weren't there. I'm sorry, but I was there. I only know about 2 other people here at the farm that grew up in the 60's and they aren't complaining. If there are more people here from the 60's, they aren't talking, cuz they don't want to show their age!!

Yikes, I can show you the GOOD tickets to see The Beatles at Shea Stadium in 1965 for $6.50 a seat! The cheap seats were $5.50 a seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think you're comparing these ticket prices to TPATH tickets at the Beacon and Fonda theaters. And they can't be compared because of the passing of almost 50 years and the difference in size and quality of the venue.

Incidentally, I was just a kid in the 60s - born in 61.

Sorry, born in "61" doesn't count as being a "child of the 60's". I mean you probably don't even remember Woodstock in '69'. I'm not trying to be smart or cause an argument, it's just that I consider a child of the "60's" as being a baby boomer born in the late 40's or early 50's and lived the "60's" as a teenager. I thought I made myself clear, but I guess not, sorry about that.

I think we're talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about comparing ticket prices, and you're talking about who is a child of the 60s.

I came of age in 1979 (never said I was a child OF the 60s, I said I was a child IN the 60s), the year of Damn the Torpedos. That's the music of my generation. (My favorite era of music though, is 1965-1975) I was very impressionable at that age. The only music of the late 70s that I loved was TPATH.

I really tend to agree with some folks on the money grab deal. Seems like pricing just continues to go up needlessly, and moreso than inflation.

That said, I did go ahead and pony up for a premium package this year--it's the first time I've done it in my life, first time for a Petty show obviously as well. On the past couple of tours I kind of refused/boycotted the premium package out of principle. I just said that I wasn't paying those kind of prices for anybody--even Tom Petty--no matter what. The past couple of tours, I've been a bit less than happy to use my "Legacy" status to purchase $100-$150 seats, knowing that the very best I could do was 20 or so rows back. That's what I also did this year when I bought tix for Evansville and Noblesville (we're so fortunate to get two shows within 3.5 hours this year).

The closest we've ever been was:

1--winning fan club tickets on the website and getting put upfront at "artist will-call".

2--the KCSN show--all tickets were about $150, but the fan club again took very good care of us. We were about 8-10 rows back.

3--two different shows we were about 10 rows back, Las Vegas on The Last DJ and Red Rocks opening night for Mojo. Both sets we bought on the secondary market (scalpers), but both were also last minute and about $100-$150.

So, when it came time to purchase Beacon tix, I did something different. We got drawn the first day for the lottery, and I knew I had one chance to get us really, really close. I also wanted to surprise the wife. We drew 2nd row just off center to Mike's side, and I ponied up and paid the piper. It still hurts a bit to think about it, but I don't know if, for any price, we'll ever get another chance to do this. I think it will be worth it to see our favorite band.

One thing that still does kind of piss me off is when I compare to a couple other artists that I have the chance to see here shortly... We were able to purchase 2 tickets on consecutive nights to see Widespread Panic at a theatre. The VIP tickets themselves were $50 each. We also purchased 2 tickets for Gov't Mule at a similar theatre. The fan club seats were $45. Both must be picked up at will-call the night of the show, but we got very good vip seats through the fan clubs at what I consider much more reasonable prices.

I just think they should give the real die-hard fans an opportunity to get really close at a reasonable price. I understand keeping out of scalper's hands will "will-call" or ticketless entry, but over $300 for a chance to sit up front is just plain too much (in my humble opinion).

Mike

I am taking my mother to NYC for the weekend. I bought one ticket to the concert for me and an extra just in case a friend wants to join me. I am so excited because it might be the last time my mother and I are in NYC. I will take her for a matinee to see a Broadway musical on the Saturday of my tickets, so this concert will have so many meanings for me. I am lucky that I can do this. I am lucky that my mother is so willing to get on a plane. I am so lucky that my favorite band is touring. I feel so happy that I can take my mom to NYC and I can see my band all at one time.

Hey Everyone! It's beginning to sound like the old official boards! I like coming here because everyone is always really nice and agreeable. Please let's stay that way!

We should all be able to purchase or not purchase according to our budgets and priorities! We share the love of the music. That's good enough!

I bought a ticket in row C at the Beacon for a reasonable price.

I love my the Heartbreakers and the amazing music they generate. I am so excited to see my boys in such a historical and beautiful venue.

Well said!

:)

Hey Everyone! It's beginning to sound like the old official boards! I like coming here because everyone is always really nice and agreeable. Please let's stay that way!

We should all be able to purchase or not purchase according to our budgets and priorities! We share the love of the music. That's good enough!

��

Good points, Dreamgirl. However, everyone doesn't have to agree and should feel free to express how they feel as long as it's said respectfully and doesn't get personal. So everyone, please keep that in mind when you speak. I don't want to have to have to put my moderator hat on! :eek:

The point I was try to make with my ticket is for $50 I had the chance to be up front if I choose to wait outside all day to get up there. I didn't have someone who paid 5 times what I paid for their ticket stroll past me in line after I sat there all day to earn the spot.

On the other hand, if a person doesn't have a problem paying the fee, go for it! Everyone should do what they feel comfortable with and not be criticized for it. I purchased a couple of special tickets in 2006 for the anniversary tour. The price then was $200 and I thought I was being outrageous! I just can't imagine paying $450! I just can't do it! Not for a 1st 15 rows guarantee and people who paid regular prices were able to score front row and 2nd row too! Last tour I pulled 3rd row in the regular sale after people paid for special tickets. WTF?!! I think this entire ticket system and supposedly great deals is all smoke and mirrors designed to get our money. It's shameful and greedy!

I still think the markup for tickets is over the top too. And what the hell, early access so you can shop at the merchandise booth? It just gets better and better!

I am lucky that I can do this. I am lucky that my mother is so willing to get on a plane. I am so lucky that my favorite band is touring. I feel so happy that I can take my mom to NYC and I can see my band all at one time.

I loved reading this post! Beautiful! :)

Last tour I pulled 3rd row in the regular sale after people paid for special tickets. WTF?!! I think this entire ticket system and supposedly great deals is all smoke and mirrors designed to get our money. It's shameful and greedy!

I still think the markup for tickets is over the top too. And what the hell, early access so you can shop at the merchandise booth? It just gets better and better!

I completely agree with Marion that if the price seems fair to you, go for it! We all spend our money on what's important to us.

I also must agree, though, that it is crazy to get better seats in the regular sale than people do when buying what are supposedly "premium" tickets. And (once again) I really have to wonder how many tickets have actually been sold at the premium prices. Didn't Fleetwood Mac end up selling their concert tickets 2-for-1 during one of their recent tours?