Sign in to follow this  
Danny Mac

2013 Lottery Info

I got tickets for Thursday at the Beacon. I'm a little confused though about where my seat is. Is ORCH1 Left, right or center?

Is your seat even, odd, or 100s? The 100s are the very center, the odds are on the left and the evens are on the right.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten great seats so far!

Can anyone explain the difference between premium GA and regular GA at the Fonda?

Premium GA is balcony reserved seats. Regular GA is standing with early admission.

:)

Spill it guys, how much were the tickets for the Beacon and the Fonda, premium and regular? I need to know!

For the Beacon Theatre, the most affordable tickets were in the upper balcony. Not bad seats for the price.

$59 + $15.20 in fees = $72.20 per ticket

$104 + $18.10 in fees = $122.10 per ticket

$135 + $21.35 in fees = $156.25 per ticket

The premium ticket packages were $394 per ticket.

What I don't get is why the fees are different at different price points. And, seriously, why is the fee so high?

These prices are understandable in markets like New York City and L.A. where incomes are generally higher than the average.

Still, these prices make it hard for many people to swing it. If you buy $100 tickets and take someone, you're looking at a pricey evening when you include parking, tolls, (or the train/bus/subway) and dinner in the city.

Premium GA is balcony reserved seats. Regular GA is standing with early admission.

:)

Actually, premium GA gives you early entry to the venue so you can get a good spot. Regular GA enters with everyone else. Premium balcony gives you seats in the first 3 rows. And don't forget the bamboo coasters!!

Try adding airline tickets and hotel rooms when you live in the boonies like me! I have been fortunate enough to get to go to CA to see the knobs a few times, but traveling money is more rare these days.

Yes, mike...we have been lucky lately. Maybe it will continue....

Yeah, I think they have finally crossed my the line with ticket prices. It's way too expensive. Even if I did have the money I'm sorry, it's just insulting. $450?!! I'm just shocked! Even $156 for a concert is a lot of money especially if you take a spouse or a date. What happened to that guy? :confused:

Hopefully they will put out a DVD and I will get some good boots from the show that I can share. Be prepared though Farmers, if I get boots from Dime I will be sharing them as Flac files so if you guys want them you will have to find yourself a flac file converter.

Truthfully, if I had the money to blow, I'd rather take a trip out to see the Dirty Knobs at a little bar. Now that's rock & roll!!

From what I can see from TM, GA for the Fonda is $98. For such a small venue, I think that's reasonable. Regarding transportation, I can take Megabus to Hollywood for $27...hard to beat that!

I must admit, though, that I was in disbelief when I saw the $450 price. :095:

Well, for me, the main reason for not getting a ticket for the Beacon show was the transportation costs, etc. I could have lived with the cost of two non-premium tickets but when you add up getting to NY, staying overnight, meals, etc., it gets expensive for two.. If they add a show near me, where I can just drive to the show, then drive home afterwards, I'll be there... but not with premium tickets...

I was actually trying to figure a way of going to one of the Shows, but with Flights, Hotels, Food.. Couldn't make it happen. I entered into the Lottery, but did not get an Email, so I think the Rock Gods were watching out for my Impulse Behavior, and just keeping the Links out of my Reach.

We can't do it now with Medical Bills and just normal living these days, especially at them Prices.. Maybe they will do a second leg around towns that they normally hit??

Looks like a 6 Pack and some You Tube searching is in my future.. But it may be hard to get some recordings from the LA & NY Shows. I'm sure something will be coming up..

I'll be also looking up the Flac File Converter too.. :023:

^ same here Danny. Medical costs have tapped into my travel budget for now. Just cannot justify spending so much for a few hours at the show. Last year I paid premium for tickets in Atlanta for 2nd row center and spent the evening watching drunks dry hump the stage and act stupid through the whole show. Then, there are those folks that climb over seats and break into the spot you paid premium costs for because there is no security. Won't pay those premium costs anymore.

Love the band and certainly hope we get some boots or a DVD. If I lived within driving distance, I would pay for a ticket perhaps.....but not premium price anymore. Like Marion, I would rather save my money for a knob show. :)

Congrats everyone who got great seats! I don't even know how the lottery worked. I didn't try because I refuse to ever join the HCC again in my life. Paying 300+ dollars, I just refuse to do. Got other priorities in my life as well as other bands I want to see. IF I go to the Beacon, which I doubt, I'd be only willing to try for a cheapo seat in the balcony.

Couldn't agree with you more, Patty. I jumped off the Petty band wagon years ago for this very reason. I still love the music. But "fan club" fees and high ticket prices...nope, not interested.