Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

2013 Tour Dates!

Here's my take on it and this is MY personal opinion. I love the Stones. always have. And I saw them before. But I'm not shelling out a few hundred dollars to sit at the top section of The Wells Fargo Center in Philly so I can watch them on a screen. And that's in the event one can even get a ticket! Hmmm, sound familiar? Not to mention, the Stones are no longer the Stones. Everyone who goes will watch 5 bands backing the Stones to make The Stones sound like The Stones! Nah, I'd rather stay home and play their songs in iTunes or watch a dvd of them. Much cheaper!

I'm debating. $150-$250 for the upper level at the United Center in Chicago. I've never seen the Stones live, and I would like to. The "tongue pit" tickets were $600. I'd never pay that. Those were the most expensive tickets. A lot of money, but not surprising to me, considering that the closest TPATH seats cost $300. I bought one of those, but at Summerfest, I bought regular seats. TPATH is the only band I would pay that much for. I don't love anyone nearly as much.

Susan, I say go for it, too, if you really want to. I had wanted a seat to the side....way up for the Newark show but they all sold out. I saw Paul in Philly wayyyyyyy up on the left side of the stage but I think that was one of the best concerts I have been to in my entire life!! I just enjoyed it so much!! :b55:

I agree guitarstudent. You know, I saw a few other bands in the past year - year and a half (Foo Fighters, Cheap Trick, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, off the top of my head) and I know for a fact I paid UNDER 100 bucks for each of them and they were all pretty good seats. These scalper prices bands are charging is extremely insulting!

Never thought I'd be saying this but now I hope TPATH don't extend the tour into August. In am planning a trip to LA in August and I am hoping there might be a DK show while I am out there..

I was just in LA and it kinda sucked knowing the Knobs wouldn't be playing because the tour was coming up. ah well.

I saw them in Santa Ynez and Santa Barbara last August. You never know! Depends on the tour I guess. Sometimes Mike will schedule a show right after a tour. Fingers crossed for you Guitar Student! If they play Jones House again I will be there if there is any way possible!

I would have loved to see the Stones! I tried for tickets for their Newark show but it sold out so fast! I see they are coming to Philly...I might try again...

I am a big Stones fan and they always put on a great show. I was fortunate enough to see all three shows in Brooklyn & Newark in December.

I will be at one of the Philly shows. There is currently only one show scheduled but I can almost assure you that at least one, if not two other Philly shows will happen around the same date. The presale for Citicard holders is likely going to be this Friday at 10 am.

Still hoping they throw in an MSG show. But with the renovations coming up at the end of basketball & hockey season, it may be tough to schedule.

The major problem, to me, is that those who can afford the most expensive tickets are not always the ones who love the band the most. And vice versa: Tom is my favorite artist ever but I could never have afforded the best tickets last year.

I agree. Ticket prices can be absurd these days. Good seats for TP&THBs at the Beacon were reasonable because every seat at the Beacon is good. The problem was being lucky enough to actually get through. I never got through but I was lucky that my wife did.

When I saw the Stones at the Beacon, tickets were only $25 but you had to be incredibly lucky to get any ticket.

Generally speaking, I'm usually pretty happy just to get in the door.