Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

New Highway Companion Club Package Announced

I just got the dreaded email stating I am a standard member. WTF? As I posted over on the Highway Companion web site I have been a member since the beginning and even renewed my membership last year without using it to buy tickets. I waited until yesterday to "renew" which I would think would grant me Legacy status. Not according the email I just received. It says on the new web site under the link "payment history" Legacy Membership but my password has the letter "b" where the letter "a" should be.

Why is it being a fan club member to this band is so stressful. Every year it seems the long time members get screwed until they bitch. Needless to say I have sent another email explaining my situation so we shall see. I would have renewed before February 27th if I could but every time I clicked the "upgrade" link last week I was told a new web site/fan club was coming.

Thanks for letting me vent.

MrBill, when did your old account expire? If you have your order number from your last renewal, send that, and explain you could not renew while the web site was locked. Good luck!

I just got my legacy code by email. Phew! Now I just need to see if I can make any of these shows work and actually get some tickets.

Well, I guess I have been placed in the B group too. I have been a member for years now and have never let it lapse. I do not have the patience to go through this again. I do not think I will even try for tickets this year. No other band has such a difficult process. I am tired of struggling and having to contact the website folks everytime. I hope you all have great results!

MrBill, when did your old account expire? If you have your order number from your last renewal, send that, and explain you could not renew while the web site was locked. Good luck!

I just got my legacy code by email. Phew! Now I just need to see if I can make any of these shows work and actually get some tickets.

I believe my membership expired the end of January of this year. I was thinking of renewing last week but whenever I clicked on the upgrade link I was sent to a page explaining of the new web site. I even had to reset my password from my old membership. Then yesterday I signed on and found the link to "renew" at $40, so I figured this would qualify as a legacy member. So naturally I "renewed" but after reading all the confusion on the boards decided to email the highway companion support asking for clarification on what type of member I was. Needless to say I was a bit shocked at the email that said I was a standard member.

As far as sending them proof of my previous membership renewal from last year, that email is long gone. I will try to find a credit card statement that has that charge, but other than that I have no proof other than my account was "active" right up to the new web site/fan club take over. On a side note there is a link on the new site listed as "payment history" that shows payment of $40 for my current renewal and another line that shows "Legacy Member" 4/25/2006-1/31/2013. After reading this I thought that meant I was a Legacy Member but the email I just received would contradict that.

It says on the new web site under the link "payment history" Legacy Membership

I can't find this link on the new website. Can someone please tell where it's at. :confused: Thanks

I just checked my old credit card statements and found a $40 charge on 1/16/2012 to Fanfire which I assume was my membership from last year. So technically I guess I let my membership lapse for about 45 days. If that brief lapse makes my membership status the same as someone who joins for the first time today than I will be a bit miffed.

I sent them an email and like others I got an email back from and got a new presale code. Wasn't Billy but was a Rich. He just said in order to ensure I got a legacy presale code, he sent me a new one and wished me good luck.

MrBill, I don't think this will make you happy, but at least you know where you stand. Several people have received this information when they emailed, "In order to qualify for Legacy status, you must have had an active membership prior to 11:59pm Wednesday February 27th, 2013. If you signed up after this time you are a Standard member."

Well, I guess I have been placed in the B group too. I have been a member for years now and have never let it lapse. I do not have the patience to go through this again. I do not think I will even try for tickets this year. No other band has such a difficult process. I am tired of struggling and having to contact the website folks everytime. I hope you all have great results!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Amber. If it helps, my correct status was quickly and easily fixed when I emailed the order number from the last time I renewed. I went to my email and searched for "highway" and found an email from "orderhelp@livenationmerchandise.com". It really was quite simple with that order number. It's worth trying even if you email and have them double check based on your account userid. I really have not seen this level of help and communication in the past. If you are interested in shows, I'd encourage you to try. The address I've been using is memberships@highwaycompanions.com.

I sent them an email and like others I got an email back from and got a new presale code. Wasn't Billy but was a Rich. He just said in order to ensure I got a legacy presale code, he sent me a new one and wished me good luck.

Good news as I received the same email. Looks like the new club is trying to take care of the old members. My advice is to email the club and be persistent. At least now I can move on to the next step of being a fan club member, complaining about the availability of great seats during the presales :003:.

Oh Amber, I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties you're having. I hope you reconsider and send them an email to straighten out your status. I hate to see you miss out.

This fan club sure doesn't make it easy for so many members. :085:

I had to email them to confirm my status. Some were saying that the actual word "Legacy" was in their account history. All I had was dates listing uninterrupted membership since 2006. I did get the email back stating I was a legacy member. It would be nice for them to be consistent and list your status as legacy or standard but that is highly unlikely. Now I will just have to wait and see if my code works for legacy if I should jump in and get tickets.

At least now I can move on to the next step of being a fan club member, complaining about the availability of great seats during the presales :003:.

That seriously made me laugh because it's totally true. That is the next step in the process.

At least now I can move on to the next step of being a fan club member, complaining about the availability of great seats during the presales :003:.

That seriously made me laugh because it's totally true. That is the next step in the process.

I forgot to add one more step to being a fan club member. After the first set list is posted I will need to complain why the band always plays the same "hits" and doesn't play any "deep cuts".

Taxes, death and the previous mentioned steps are all pretty much guaranteed in the life of a fan club member. ;)

I spoke with Rich as well. He was very helpful and patient. I explained to him that my code began with TPHBB but I had renewed on the 27th and was a Legacy Member. He sent me a new code, and then the next day the code on the website was changed.

He wished me good luck and in a nicer fashion, I basically said "ditto."

On another note, I won't use the coasters, but I love the bag!

I wonder what those premium tickets will cost me. *grumbles*. :D Oh well. It's Tom Petty. :heart:

I'm sorry for this being a big picture post, but I had to post this.

I made this back in 2010.

It really shows how we go through this HCC bullcrap every single time.

AB_CAUSE.jpg

Edited by tompetty1976
I spelled too wrong in the comic. Haha.