Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

New Highway Companion Club Package Announced

Hello Everyone! (I haven't been on in awhile!)

I just finished messing around with joining or renewing (I can't tell!) and I can't get any information about my membership at all. I don't know if I renewed or not. I didn't get any emails today--I found out about the new club from facebook. I'm so confused! On tompetty.com, I was able to see my member info, but nothing about when my membership expires(d). On highwaycompanions.com I was able to renew, I guess, but I can't access any member info! I was also charged $45, not $40! I sure hope I am in. I've never knowingly let my membership lapse...I just didn't dream they would tour this year after Europe last year! I'm so confused!!!!!

^That is the usual way it goes. The instructions are never clear. My membership was set to expire on Feb 1, so I renewed then ....although the only option was for 2012 on the membership page. I emailed "Help" and posted a questions about it but never got a response. The new site lists me as a member and the old site has me down till Feb 2014...so maybe I am okay. Sent an email to the "new" caretakers and as usual have not received a response. I do not intend to be negative....but am not expecting anything to be different with the new site.

I am hoping it is the smaller venue Mike mentioned that will posted tomorrow. we will see.......again waiting - the hardest part!

When I log in with my new password through this link:

https://fanclubs.artistarena.com/highwaycompanion/members/member.php

I get this page:

73614274.jpg

I click on "your payment history" in the middle section, and it shows that I paid for my membership...

However, it says this:

15743958.jpg

So I am not sure if members were automatically renewed, or if you need to pay to renew.

I paid just to be safe.

It says I paid 40.00, but it was 48.00 with the shot-glass shipping.

I'm still not sure if current members need to pay or if we were automatically renewed, but it is certian that you need to change your password:

paidc.jpg

Edited by tompetty1976
I'm sorry about the blurry images. My computer's resolution isn't very high. Try "CTRL" & "+" in sync on keyboard to zoom.

Summerfest announced it this morning. It's the same date I saw on that link but they have thankfully pushed back the onsale to next week so there will be time to figure out the problems.

Funny enough that link I put up last night that lead to nothing now leads directly to the right page again. Now it's time to play the email game with the news powers that be over at Petty.com.

Good luck everybody!

Edited by WWWBUKTN

I don't get why I was charged 45 bucks instead of 40. I may have not renewed last year but I renewed just about every other year....didn't renew last year cause they played nowhere near me and there wasn't anything in the package that made it worth renewing. If this screws me out of good seats at SPAC, let's just say I'll be a new level of pissed

I don't get why I was charged 45 bucks instead of 40. I may have not renewed last year but I renewed just about every other year....didn't renew last year cause they played nowhere near me and there wasn't anything in the package that made it worth renewing. If this screws me out of good seats at SPAC, let's just say I'll be a new level of pissed

Me too! I was part of the Highway Companions since day one. I didn't renew for 2 years (there was much drama and I needed a break)

I'm looking forward to some Beacon shows, so we'll see.

And, it really cost $53 dollars, because of those super-cool glasses! Oh well, I guess its better than a poster.

Sorry to vent but this is really a joke. I've sent several emails to Artist Arena with no response. I've tried calling their phone number but every option results in a message that doesn't allow you to leave a message or talk to somebody live. Of course I emailed the old company Live Nation and they promptly emailed me back telling me to email Artist Arena. Whatever, hopefully it works out by Tuesday morning.

Sorry to vent but this is really a joke. I've sent several emails to Artist Arena with no response. I've tried calling their phone number but every option results in a message that doesn't allow you to leave a message or talk to somebody live. Of course I emailed the old company Live Nation and they promptly emailed me back telling me to email Artist Arena. Whatever, hopefully it works out by Tuesday morning.

Best of luck to you on working things out. We've all been through it every single tour but it always seems to work out in the end. Hang in there!

Best of luck to you on working things out. We've all been through it every single tour but it always seems to work out in the end. Hang in there!

I know it happens every tour and always does seem to work out. I'll never understand why they don't plan this type of stuff in advance.

I think I'm more mad at Live Nation on this as I was emailing them last week, they were responding as if they were the ones who would be in charge of the Highway club. That in mind I followed their directions and didn't pay for the renew and then was told it was renewed and it shows a date of March 2014.

I'm just going to sit back, forget about it for today, hope they figure out things by tomorrow.

Every time I get down on their process I think about what they did like six years ago taking back all those tickets that were purchased by the scalpers and putting them back for new presales. That was worth the price of admission alone.

after I logged into http://www.highwaycompanions.com/blog it was on the upper right.

I can't seem to login on that site, only on this site:

https://fanclubs.artistarena.com/highwaycompanion/members/member.php

Either way, there is no presale code. Is anyone else having this problem?

I sent an email somewhere but now again it's that fear that the presale will be screwed up!

Is this the email you used memberships@highwaycompanions.com? My account info said I didn't have any subscriptions, so I emailed yesterday and it was fixed today. I think they are working on things, so I hope your issue gets fixed soon.

Thanks LizzieB,

It's funny, I had sent an email to support@highwaycompanions about an hour ago, then I was playing around on the site trying to login and I saw the email you listed above. I sent an email to that address about a half hour ago, and now I am able to login!!! And I see the presale code! Could they have fixed it immediately? I didn't get a return email, but whatever happened, I am thrilled!

Thanks!

Is this the email you used memberships@highwaycompanions.com? My account info said I didn't have any subscriptions, so I emailed yesterday and it was fixed today. I think they are working on things, so I hope your issue gets fixed soon.

Right now I want to vomit. They finally got back to me and are now saying that I'm not a "Legacy Member" because I didn't renew my membership before the new relaunch.

Of course I was under the impression that my account was extended based on what they wrote and because I didn't know they moved over to Artist Arena. That in mind I wrote to Live Nation and was told last week via Email.

"Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Member Services.

Tom Petty -- wwwbuktn is paid

Has 364 days remaining.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Barbara

Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service

http://www.store.livenation.com/

Toll Free (US): 800.767.7160

International: 001-(949)- 333-4820"

I've been a member for every year but one. I was a member last year, my account ended on the Feb 23rd which is when I wrote Live Nation who as you can see gave me no indication they had moved the fan club over.

I'll be honest and I don't care who reads this. If they don't move me over and I'm not happy with the tickets I receive during the second presale I'm not supposed to be part of I plan on doing a chargeback. It's that simple and I know that sounds like sour grapes but I'm getting the shaft here when I have proof all over the place I've taken the steps available to me.

I don't understand why it said this on the TomPetty website and still does: (Which still happens to be "powered" by Live Nation)

"Dear Friends,

In the coming weeks we will be launching an exciting new era for the The Highway Companions Club.

In the meantime, the club is not accepting applications for new memberships or for the renewal of existing memberships.

Fear not, your membership, if due to renew, will remain active during this transition period.

Stay tuned to TomPetty.com for updates on what is shaping up to be a very special year for the band.

Best wishes,

The Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Team

PS- If you are a Highway Companions Club member, you can still login here."

Call me crazy but when I read "Fear not, your membership, if due to renew, will remain active during this transition period." So between that and being told that my membership was extended I fell for it. Shame on me right?

If anybody knows a phone number to call or somebody I should be emailing outside of this sketchy Artist Arena who has no real phone number I would love a suggestion about now.

Sorry to sound like a blowhard jerk or something, I just want what's fair and considering I paid for nothing last year since there wasn't a tour in my area. (I don't use the content, this is 100% about getting good tickets.)

If your LiveNation account was active until 2/23, I would keep emailing them with that information and not give up. They were supposed to renew you. Mine was set to expire on 2/25, but somehow I was able to renew on 2/7 even though they said no renewals. I think that's why my account was messed up.

Most of the people that had issues that I heard about were set to renew in February. Keep emailing memberships@highwaycompanions.com! Good luck!!

If your LiveNation account was active until 2/23, I would keep emailing them with that information and not give up. They were supposed to renew you. Mine was set to expire on 2/25, but somehow I was able to renew on 2/7 even though they said no renewals. I think that's why my account was messed up.

Most of the people that had issues that I heard about were set to renew in February. Keep emailing memberships@highwaycompanions.com! Good luck!!

I agree and I plan too. My anger is with Live Nation for writing me back and telling me I've been extended (which it was according to account info) versus telling me they have lost the Tom Petty account to another service. Thanks.

Oh those first world problems...

I agree and I plan too. My anger is with Live Nation for writing me back and telling me I've been extended (which it was according to account info) versus telling me they have lost the Tom Petty account to another service. Thanks.

Oh those first world problems...

yeah!

I got screwed over in 2010, and I guess I have to keep suffering the indignity of being "Standard" as opposed to "Legacy" forever. I think I prefer being called "Riff-Raff" to standard. I'll just own it.