Sign in to follow this  
ladygeekUGA

The boys play another Festival

That's cool! Thanks, Sharon!

February 19, 2013

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Will Perform At Firefly Music Festival in Dover, DE

medium.jpg

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers have announced their second festival appearance of 2013.

The band will headline this year's edition of Firefly Music Festival taking place the weekend of June 21-23 at the Woodlands at Dover International Speedway in Dover, DE.

Other acts confirmed to appear at Firefly include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Vampire Weekend, Foster The People, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Avett Brothers, and many more.

Tickets to Firefly go on sale beginning Thursday February 21. For tickets and all festival information please visit fireflyfestival.com.Tickets to Firefly go on sale beginning Thursday February 21. For tickets and all festival information please visit fireflyfestival.com.

^ I'm with ya to a point, Patty. But, if a Festival's gonna be my only choice, then a Festival it is. I still am holding out hope for some smaller venues somewhere, though. But it's been too damn long since I didn't see them last tour so I'm there or square one way or another this year.

The thing about festivals is that they're perfect for the band. They can do their "greatest hits" show and nobody complains - because these aren't the fans that have seen the band countless times and are wanting the deep album cuts. Festival goers know the radio hits and that's what they want to hear.

But yeah, I want to see the Heartbreakers in a bar. I've been to "The Gorge" enough times.

yes, I am going! Alabama Shakes at 5 and TPATH at 10 (or 11???) on the main stage. That's why I like festivals, because I get to see other cool bands. And I'll probably see someone new to me that I'll love.

just talked to my cousin Andrew last night - he's my fellow festival-dog, he hung in with me at Mile High in Denver in 2008 - he's coming with me to the Firefly!!!YAY!