Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Quote Of The Day

This is about the new archeological discovery in Africa.

"Scientists continue to search for the "Last Common Ancestor," sometimes abbreviated as the LCA......

"The common ancestor looked like Ardi [the newly discovered fossil]. It's the chimp and gorilla that have evolved enormously, not hominids. Hominids have concentrated their evolution in two things -- upright walking and brain. Everything else is pretty primitive," Lovejoy said."

Jay-Z set the bar pretty high for "SNL" performances with his career-spanning medley over the weekend. But you know who has had as many hits as Hova? Tom Petty, who will be the guest on the season finale. And no way Tom Petty brings some dope named Mr. Hudson (who I described today as "like if young Sting was as lame as old Sting) to do "Forever Young." - David Malitz

"I think your whole life shows in your face, and you should be proud of that."

Lauren Becall

(This was in my morning paper. My Mom went to Julia Richman High Scool in NYC and Betty (as she was called before) was a classmate of hers. I am going to ask my sister to bring over my Mom's Yearbook so I can see the pics again)

This quote appealed to my humour. I pinched it from a bloke on one of the F1 websites.

" We had the Bible analysed. It reads like the ramblings of a drunken horse."

^Wise words. Here's more:

"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." ~ Steve Jobs

^ Thanks for that, Nel...

Here's another powerful statement:

“Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

Steve Jobs

I posted this on my FB Wall....I know you have no control over the things that happen to you in your life...but you sure do have control over how you react to them all...

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.

Dalai Lama