Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Quote Of The Day

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."

- John Wayne

^ This is so true...

I love Mark Twain...

"A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape."

The Public is merely a multiplied "me."

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

"Cowardly men choose the most cowardly as their leaders, so that they won't have to show courage; and they choose the stupidest among the stupid, so that everyone can have the feeling that he's a little better the leader." - Adolf Hitler

"Music can lift us out of depression or move us to tears - it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear.

But for many of my neurological patients, music is even more - it can provide access, even when no medication can, to movement, to speech, to life. For them, music is not a luxury, but a necessity".

Oliver Sacks

(This was from the side of my Starbucks coffee cup)

"It's good to have money and the things money can buy, but it's good, too, to check once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things money can't buy."

~George Horace Lormier