Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Rock N Roll Drive-In

8 hours ago, nurktwin said:

6/16/19

Richard Dodd Interview

A must see for musicians and people that want to be musicians. Almost 2 hours long, so grab a beer, sit back and listen. Don't miss a second of this!! Richard Dodd is the Engineer and Producer of the stars, including Tom Petty, George Harrison, The Wilburys, and many more listed in the interview. This is fantastic!!!!

I agreeeee!  ...he makes the whole process so fascinating

I watched this during a holiday break & loved it every second of it - just like you say, don't miss a second. For some reason the dogs even sat beside me and watched it too. (Probably in hope of food 😄)

This is even though  I have never set foot in studio (& never will except on a tourist guided-tour or something).

6/17/19

Alan Parsons interview.

Alan being an engineer at Abbey Road, working with The Beatles, Hollies, Pink Floyd and many more. Engineer for "The Dark Side Of The Moon" by PF, traveled to LA to get grammy award for "Dark Side" but lost to Stevie Wonder!!!

0:00 Rice Pudding 0:22 Whole Lotta Love 4:34 Boogie Chillen’ 6:45 Look on Yonder’s Wall/I Believe I’ll Dust My Broom 7:13 Bottle It Up and Go/Truckin’ Little Mama 8:38 Lawdy Miss Clawdy 10:20 Cinnamon Girl 11:20 Some Other Guy 13:27 Train ‘Kept a Rollin’/Stroll On 14:34 I’m a King Bee/El Paso Blues 17:31 CC Rider 18:32 Honey Bee 19:38 The Lemon Song 20:29 Whole Lotta Love (reprise) 23:58 Out on the Tiles 27:10 Communication Breakdown 30:10 Bass solo 31:37 Gallows Pole 32:53 Communication Breakdown (reprise) 35:34 The Girl Can’t Help It 38:05 I’m Talking About You 39:08 Twenty Flight Rock 41:12 How Many More Times 50:11 No Money Down 51:51 Blueberry Hill 55:08 How Many More Times (reprise)

Top 20 Drum Intro's

Before I post this, let me say as a drummer, I disagree with all these intro's as being great. Let me go on record (so to speak) that all are mundane simple drum beats that could have and have been used on millions of songs. There's nothing new or great about them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I would only agree with a couple of his choices as iconic enough to be in a list like this.  And he ignored songs from the 60's with the exception of Tomorrow Never Knows - which I wouldn't include.  Of everything he included, the most iconic for me would be Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" intro and maybe the Steve Miller tune.  It's also a very recognizable intro.