Sign in to follow this  
Mudcrutch

Hampton's - Not so Petty

psix010f.jpg

NOT SO PETTY

August 28, 2007 -- TOM Petty and the Heartbreakers earned a cool $1.7 million for just four hours of work this weekend. Friday night, Petty played at financier Leon Black's birthday party in East Hampton - where Mayor Bloomberg seemed to be having "a great time" - for a rumored $850,000 paycheck. The next night, the band earned the same amount to rock Hamptons Social @ Ross, where the crowd included Renée Zellweger, Calvin Klein, Paul McCartney, Mischa Barton, Ronald Perelman, Jimmy Buffett, Richard Gere and Carey Lowell, and Katie Lee Joel, who chatted up her husband Billy Joel's ex, Christie Brinkley.

(from Sweet Little Queen)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08282007...t_so_petty.htm

Man he's soooo good looking...

I really don't care how much he makes for a show - keep in mind out of whatever he gets paid - he has to pay the band, roadies, lighting, sound, travel expenses, management and probably a load of other things that I have no clue about.

Yep it is complicated. I work for an event company and we book multiple entertainment acts yearly such as Sheryl Crow, etc. The band "cost" is separate from any accommodations -- I just wonder what numbers the NY Post is quoting exactly.

I have no idea of the big music buisness at all. Costs are costs. The only thing I am afraid of, when I am reading this, is...would people ever leave a TPATH show with that certain craving for light beer...you know what I mean...I hope never...:rolleyes:

You know the thing is any of us who had that kind of money laying around could do the same thing. Pay Tom and the guys to come play at our private party. It'll never happen for me but maybe some of you guys out there might be on the path to riches.

I think alot of people are disappointed, but I look at it this way, maybe with him charging all those big bucks to these bazillionaires he doesn't have to go up so much on the cost of our concert tickets. By far in comparison TPaTH concert tickets are still quite reasonable. I know some of us paid for those special packages last year, but that was our choice.

^ I think he looks like Jesus! :icon_laugh:

That's too funny! I was talking with Ryan yesterday, and I said exactly the same thing. He looks like Jesus on the cross.

I actually like the gaunt look myself.

I think he means that he doesn't think they care what he plays, as long as they are playing. Either way, it could be insight to the same setlists over and over.

haha....That's my Hamptons photo quote... I wonder if they cared...lol Yes...it certainly would explain the setlist.

Well, by now I thought twice. And I am really angry about it, excuse me, please. But I think, that it cannot be moral to earn so much money for playing just a little bit of music...Sometimes the show biz thing is just absurd! :017: