Sign in to follow this  
Pettyphile

Jones House and Soho Stories and Reviews August 24-25

Sure I can post them here, if only the album I create uploads them and only them. I tried four, five times... in vain... And I hacve uploaded so many times before without problems... Maybe if I take them one by one? Not today though, at least not now. I need to sleep. It was a busy night...

Lotta, I had a problem uploading a few photo's in the past and found out it was my own problem. The pix were just toooo big, I had my cam or pix I got in emails on super duper HD, and the pix said they were uploaded, but were never there. I downsized the pix and they went right through. You might want to try making your pix smaller. I hope that helps, cuz we want to see your pix.

Lotta, I think I have to create the album and then you can upload your pictures. I'll have to contact Ryan and find out how. I'll let you know when it's up. Sweet dreams!

Farmers, I do have these shows recorded and if you are interested I will be happy to share with anyone who posts here regularly . These shows are very special to me and I only feel comfortable sharing them with people I know and trust. The shows are not to be shared on public trading sites or publically anywhere. They are just for the pure enjoyment of fans. If you are interested, PM me.

I made it. I had to upload them one by one, but now they are there..

Here's one of the opening guys Phil Cody, Jonathan McEuen and Matt Bradford.

Followed by the Knobs at the JOnes House and later SOHO.

DSC_0004sm3.jpg

DSC_0029sm.jpg

DSC_0054sm.jpg

DSC_0062sm2.jpg

DSC_0067sm1.jpg

DSC_0075sm1.jpg

DSC_0083th1.jpg

As we all know, the Knobs never stick the their sitlist and always play whatever they feel like playing so we get all kinds of surprises. Here are the official setlists for these shows.

Jones House

August 24, 2012

Guitar Boogie Shuffle

Can't Leave You Alone

All She Wrote

Mama Told Me

I Sang My Balls Off For You

Humdinger

London

Easy Wind

Under The Skies of Paris

Funky Monkey

In From The Storm

Roll Over Beethoven

Yer Blues

Hey Joe

She Said

Feed The Snake

Soho

August 25, 2012

Walkin' Shoes

Mama Told Me

Blow Up My Stereo

Humdinger

London

Easy Wind

I Sang My Balls Off For You

Little Irish Girl

Under The Skies of Paris

In From The Storm

Funky Monkey

Yer Blues

Bride of Frankenstein

She Said She Said

Feed The Snake

Money

Roll Over Beethoven

All Over Now

Good Thing Going

Sweet Little Sixteen

Any Way You Want It

A few of my thoughts on the songs:

I just loved the new song "Funky Monkey"!! It had a catchy tune and it was funky. I have yet to make out all of the words yet but just love the groove.

We got a killer version of "Guitar Boogie Shuffle". It had a Dixieland feel. It was a great way to open the show.

At the Jones House there were a bunch on young girls singing "Humdinger - she likes to lick my finger" all night long. It was funny. Mike got a kick out of it. haha! Those girls were really young though! Funny.

I loved Ape's "Easy Wind" and "In From the Storm." He blew us away, especially with "In From The Storm.: He told us he wasn't happy with it at Jones House and would do it better at Soho but jeez, they were both good!! Ape is too hard on himself!! He is amazing!!

"Hey Joe" and "Feed the Snake" from Jones House just rocked me to my toes. How do I describe the feeling other than I felt the music touch my soul. Just loved it!

"Blow Up My Stereo" and "London" are always favorites of mine. And those songs go back 10 years. I don't know why they aren't officially out there! All we have are recordings to enjoy. Thank goodness!

Right before "Little Irish Girl" Mike dedicated the song to Granny Takes a Trip. Does anyone know what that means? It's a beautiful song, by the way. If it ends up on a Heartbreaker's album I will be so disappointed if Mike doesn't sing it himself. It's so beautiful and it's his song.

Swampfox nailed "Them Blues." Love it when he sings and I wish he would do it more!

At Soho they came back for the encore and played 6 more songs! Mike was fired up!

Both of these shows were just amazing. I had such a good time. As you can tell, I'm still high from them. I think I'd rather see the Dirty Knobs and just about any band out there right now. It's just pure rock & roll and it makes me so happy!:041:

Again, as I said before, I do have these shows recorded and if you are interested I will be happy to share with anyone who posts here regularly . These shows are very special to me and I only feel comfortable sharing them with people I know and trust. The shows are not to be shared on public trading sites or publicly anywhere. They are just for the pure enjoyment of fans. If you are interested, PM me.

Edited by Marion
to correct the name of a song on the setlists. (Yer Blues)

Granny Takes a Trip. Does anyone know what that means?

Wikipedia tells us that Granny Takes A Trip was a boutique in London thought of as the "first psychedelic boutique in Groovy London of the 1960s...The name has been appropriated by clothing stores around the world that are not connected with the original Granny Takes a Trip, including present-day vintage fashion stores in Hermosa Beach, California, Sunset Boulevard and Sydney, Australia."