Sign in to follow this  
Pettyphile

Jones House and Soho Stories and Reviews August 24-25

I'm really disappointed, I had everything planned down to the second. I even got RIC to send me a couple pickguards for Mike to sign for me and my brother. This trip was going to be special, cuz it was just me and my brother. The 1st time he saw TPATH live was in KC when I traveled there and we met up with Marion, Tee, Sharon, Shar and so many other farmers and had a great time. My brother always liked TPATH, but after he saw them live, he was amazed at how good they were live, and being a guitarist fell in love with Mike's playing. So, I tried everything possible to set this up so he could see Mike up close and get to meet him, shake his hand and get a pix or autograph and everything went to hell. I was more excited for my brother than me. I hope to make that up someday.

post-4-139450400745_thumb.jpg

OMG! Did we ever get Knobbed! What a great show! High energy by the band and the fans. Everyone was so happy!

It was a backyard dream show that you can only dream about and the sound was great! We will have the set list later but highlights for me were they played a couple of new songs,heh heh, one being the Funky Monkey. Mike dedicated the new songs to all the travelers and he even gave a shout out to Nurktwin who couldn't come. He was sorry you couldn't make it, Nurk! Swampfox sang, Them Blues.

The new songs were fantastic! They closed the show with amazing heart pounding versions of Hey Joe & Feed The Snake! They thrilled me to my soul! Just, WOW WOW WOW!! Oh, and I think they would have kept playing all night but the cops showed up and shut them down. HA!

The Jones House was so cool!! Thanks Jones Family! I hope we get to come back again sometime.

More later as I think of stuff. We are really looking forward to tonight!

Sent from my iPhone

post-4-139450400743_thumb.jpg

Oh man that sounds great! Glad everyone had such a great time last night. I'm sure tonight will be just an extension of it. Sorry you didn't make it Nurk, how disappointing. I'm sitting here in complete envy of everyone there. I really hope to get to another Knobs gig....someday. Have fun tonight and thanks for sharing.

OMG, I'm so sorry I missed it. I'm sure it was an amazing night that I would never forget. Thanks for the shout out Mike, I really appreciate it and am very honored. Keep rockin' and I'll see you soon. Luv you all, have a great time tonight.