Sign in to follow this  
Pettyphile

Chapter 8 - The Guitars

Nurk, it's so good! You would love this! He's telling all about the Rics and Mike tells his stories in such a warm way you feel like you are sitting in the room with him and he's just shooting the breeze about the guitars. I love it!!

medium.jpg

Great! It keeps buffering (probably weather related), so I have to wait until it loads, but I think I saw the Capri I painted. :)

But I think I missed Chapter 6 :confused: I hope it is still up. [Edit] I found it! Don't know how I missed it to begin with.

These clips are so cool, I just wish they were longer. Mike should play a song for us on each guitar or something.

Wouldn't it be nice to wander into the Rickenbacker factory and just have them build you 2 or 3 custom guitars on the spot? I know people that have waited several years for a guitar ordered from the Rickenbacker factory.

The next installment in Mike's Guitar series is up and available on TomPetty.com! My favorite guitar is one of the featured ones this chapter!

Which is your favorite guitar? My favorite one is featured in this one too :)

I love at the end when he says he's in love with that guitar. You can really see it in the way he is looking at it.

Mike is so interesting and such an easy conversationalist.

:heart: I ended up going back and watching them all again! Turns out I didn't miss any after all, just had one misnumbered.

The Ric mentioned briefly was the one I painted, the '59 Capri. Mike loved the painting, said the Capri was hard to play. I am sure that's relative.

I guess last week's chapter was actually chapter 7 because chapter 8 is up this week.

I love Mr. Personality and his stories. I also love the song he plays at the end. It's a Dirty Knobs song called Little Irish Girl! So pretty. I wonder if it will be on the next Heartbreaker album.

medium.jpg

I'm sure most ppl have figured out how to get it, don't risk anything. I loved how Mike said at the end that when he met George, he mentioned how great the Gretsch sound of the Beatles influenced him. AND, George responded that the Gretsch guitars were shit, if they had Fenders, the Beatles would have sounded really good......LOL.