Sign in to follow this  
fanfan

Tom Petty Mojo - Limited 2 CD Tour Edition 2012

Next week, on June 8, 2012, Warner releases a LIMITED 2012 TOUR EDITION of MOJO - including a LIVE BONUS CD with 12 recordings from the 2010 Mojo tour (US).

It seems that this is a European release only but US fans can get it as an import via a US shop or of course directly from Europe.

Here are the details:

MOJO - BONUS LIVE CD

1. Listen to Her Heart (Live from Milwaukee)

2. You Don't Know How It Feels (Live from Philadelphia)

3. I Won't Back Down (Live from Charlotte)

4. Takin' My Time (Live from Auburn Hills)

5. I Should Have Known It (Live from Edmonton)

6. Sweet William (Live from Mansfield)

7. Jefferson Jericho Blues (Live from Philadelphia)

8. First Flash Of Freedom (Live from Philadephia)

9. Running Man's Bible (Live from Raleigh)

10. Good Enough (Live from Philadelphia)

11. Refugee (Live from George)

12. American Girl (Live from Edmonton)

Amazon Germany

http://amzn.to/L4oDBX

Amazon UK

http://amzn.to/LWSuzB

Amazon US

http://amzn.to/KpHqfi

Here's the cover:

51fE0EWyFCL._SS500_.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by fanfan

That's cool! Some of those songs were released with a download code when you bought the Kiss My Amps (Live) LP last year on Record Store Day. I love that they are finally releasing live recordings. Thanks for bringing us the info, fanfan! It's expensive but I've gotta have it for my collection. :)

October 18, 2011

'Kiss My Amps (Live)' Vinyl-Only Coming November 25

medium.jpg

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers are excited to announce the November 25th vinyl-only release of Kiss My Amps (Live). This limited edition, individually numbered album will only be available at independent retailers in support the Back To Black Friday Record Store Day event.

Kiss My Amps (Live) features 6 tracks from Mojo recorded during the 2010 Mojo Tour and also includes "Sweet William," a fan favorite recorded live during the 2008 Tour that has previously only been released as a b-side to "Room At The Top" from Echo.

The release of Kiss My Amps (Live) will be limited to 5,000 individually numbered pressings. Each copy will include a unique code to allow purchasers to also download the album at no extra charge in High Resolution FLAC or 320k MP3 formats.

For information on where to find this special release on Back To Black Friday Record Store Day (November 25), click here.

**Please note: Although these albums are exclusively available at a limited number of independent record stores we have made a special arrangement to provide a small quantity of Kiss My Amps (Live) for sale to members of the Highway Companions Club. Members should stay tuned closer to the release date for more information on how to order.

Kiss My Amps (Live) Track Listing:

Side One:

"Takin' My Time" - July 22, 2010 - The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI

"I Should Have Known It" - June 16, 2010 - Rexall Place, Edmonton, Alberta

"Sweet William" - June 14, 2008 - Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA

"Jefferson Jericho Blues" - Aug 1, 2010 - Wachovia Arena, Philadelphia, PA

Side Two:

"First Flash Of Freedom" - Aug 1, 2010 - Wachovia Arena, Philadelphia, PA

"Running Man's Bible" - Sep 18, 2010 - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion, Raleigh, NC

"Good Enough" - July 31, 2010 - Wachovia Arena, Philadelphia, PA

I'll probably buy it even though I have mojo on cd, lp and blu-ray... And most these tracks are from the mojo tour download and kiss my amps... Would be nice if it included little girl blues and mystery of love too.

I just per-ordered from amazon.co.uk and only spent 17us instead of the 30 from amazon.com

Well done. I saved some money ordering CDs of UK bands (e.g. the saidly far too unknown band "James") from the UK in the past as well.

I sold my standard MOJO album this week and ordered the limited edition then here in Germany cause I want to have it asap.

Here's the official German press text with more details about where which live track from the bonus CD was recorded:

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS MOJO - Tour Edition (2 CD Set) „Mit diesem Album möchte ich den Menschen zeigen, wie die Band klingt, wenn sie für sich selbst spielt“, so erklärte Tom Petty zum Album Mojo, das das Urgestein des amerikanischen Road-Rocks nach seinem belebenden Seitensprung mit Mudcrutch im Jahre 2010 wieder mit seinen Heartbreakers zusammenbrachte. Das Ergebnis war ein typisches Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers-Album, das von Rock &’ Roll zu Country und elektrifiziertem wie akustischem Blues, von Balladen zu schnellen Nummern reicht - alles eingespielt, während man gemeinsam in einem Raum stand, Blickkontakt hielt und einfach Spaß zusammen hatte. Man könnte auch sagen: unter Live-Bedingungen, denn wie keine zweite Band schaffen es Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, bei ihren Konzerten auch vor einem großen Publikum eine vertraute und heimelige Atmosphäre zu schaffen, die den Konzertbesucher zu einem Mitglied der Heartbreakers-Familie macht.

Im Juni wird man das viel zu seltene Glück haben, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers auch bei uns wieder live zu erleben, wenn die Band auf ihrer Europa-Tournee einige deutsche Städte besuchen wird. Zu diesem Anlass erscheint das Album Mojo in einer Tour-Edition, die neben dem kompletten Studiowerk 12 Live-Aufnahmen enthält, die bis auf eine Ausnahme während der US-Tour im Jahr 2010 mitgeschnitten wurden. Die meisten der Songs stammen aus dem Album Mojo, etwa Jefferson Jericho Blues, First Flash Of Freedom, Running Man’s Bible und Good Enough, aber es gibt auch Klassiker wie I Won’t Back Down, American Girl und Refugee in brillanten Live-Versionen zu hören. Ein wahrer Leckerbissen für Tom Petty-Fans.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in Deutschland:

10. Juni - Hamburg, O2-World

25. Juni - Köln, Lanxess Arena

30. Juni - Mannheim, SAP Arena

Tom Petty - Vocals, Guitar Mike Campbell – Guitar Benmont Tench – Keyboards Ron Blair -- Bass Scott Thurston – Harmonica, Guitar Steve Ferrone -- Drums

Tracklist

CD1:

1. Jefferson Jericho Blues

2. First Flash of Freedom

3. Running Man’s Bible

4. The Trip to Pirate’s Cove

5. Candy

6. No Reason to Cry

7. I Should Have Known It

8. U.S. 41

9. Takin’ My Time

10. Let Yourself Go

11. Don’t Pull Me Over

12. Lover’s Touch

13. High In the Morning

14. Something Good Coming

15. Good Enough

CD2: Live Disc

1. Listen to Her Heart – Live from Milwaukee WI – 25/06/2010

2. You Don’t Know How It Feels – Live from Philadelphia PA – 31/07/2010

3. I Won’t Back Down – Live from Charlotte NC – 19/09/2010

4. Takin’ My Time – Live from Auburn Hills MI – 22/07/2010

5. I Should Have Known It – Live from Edmonton AB – 16/06/2010

6. Sweet William – Live from Mansfield MA – 14/06/2008

7. Jefferson Jericho Blues – Live from Philadelphia PA – 01/08/2010

8. First Flash of Freedom- Live from Philadelphia PA – 01/08/2010

9. Running Man’s Bible - Live from Raleigh NC – 18/09/2010

10. Good Enough - Live from Philadelphia PA – 31/07/2010

11. Refugee - Live from Quincy WA – 12/06/2010

12. American Girl - Live from Edmonton AB – 16/06/2010

^for us speaking English, here is a translation form Google...

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS MOJO - Tour Edition (2 CD set) "With this album I want to show people how the band sounds like when they play for themselves," said Tom Petty declared the album Mojo, the bedrock of the American Rocks Road after his revitalizing affair with Mudcrutch in 2010 brought back together with his Heartbreakers. The result was a typical Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album, which ranges from rock & roll to country and electrified like acoustic blues, ballads to fast numbers - all recorded while you were standing together in a room, make eye contact and held fun had together. One could also say that under live conditions, because like no other band succeed Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, to create at their concerts even before a large audience with a familiar and cozy atmosphere that makes the concert-goers to a member of the Heartbreakers-family . In June we will have the rare good fortune too, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers experience for us to live again when the band will visit on their European tour in some German cities. For this reason, the album Mojo in a Tour Edition, which contains the complete studio recording 12 live recordings that were recorded up to an exception during the U.S. tour in 2010. Most of the songs are from the album Mojo, about Jefferson Jericho Blues, First Flash Of Freedom, The Running Man's Bible, and Goodenough, but there are also classics such as I Will not Back Down, American Girl and Refugee in brilliant live versions of . hear A real treat for Tom Petty fans.

What "8 track edition" are you referring to?

I'm still not clear on all of the live tracks we actually got from the Mojo Tour.  There was that 12 song "Tour Edition" bonus CD in Europe, and the 7 song "Kiss My Amps" vinyl.  I think all of "Kiss My Amps" was on that European 2 CD "Tour Edition".  In addition to those 12 songs, somewhere along the line , we also got "King's Highway", "Driving Down To Georgia", "Breakdown", and 'Runnin' Down A Dream".   Not sure where/when those last 4 were recorded.  So 16 live songs total?  Does that sound right?

image.png.30451f59f179ec93c3ab121d3a52ffb1.pngimage.png.5b0837f19c5d7132074ef1c0272d2660.pngimage.png.168e175d96e146e73b67e33d6a797f3e.png

30 minutes ago, TomFest said:

What "8 track edition" are you referring to?

I'm still not clear on all of the live tracks we actually got from the Mojo Tour.  There was that 12 song "Tour Edition" bonus CD in Europe, and the 7 song "Kiss My Amps" vinyl.  I think all of "Kiss My Amps" was on that European 2 CD "Tour Edition".  In addition to those 12 songs, somewhere along the line , we also got "King's Highway", "Driving Down To Georgia", "Breakdown", and 'Runnin' Down A Dream".   Not sure where/when those last 4 were recorded.  So 16 live songs total?  Does that sound right?

image.png.30451f59f179ec93c3ab121d3a52ffb1.pngimage.png.5b0837f19c5d7132074ef1c0272d2660.pngimage.png.168e175d96e146e73b67e33d6a797f3e.png

Yes, there are 16 total and I "believe" I have them all in varying bitrates. The tracks below are the ones I would like to get in FLAC or at least 320. Sorry for being such a pain!

Listen To Her Heart 
Takin' My Time 
Sweet William 
Jefferson Jericho Blues
First Flash Of Freedom 
Running Man's Bible
Refugee
American Girl 

I think the 8 tracks were a Highway Companion 'exclusive download' you got if you purchased tour tickets for the Mojo tour. It came as a Mp3 download and possibly flac as well. For some odd reason I lost the first track of the download and cant find the original zip folder (9 years later that's a surprise.... how many computers have I had since then.. LOL) 

20 minutes ago, Hoodoo Man said:

I think the 8 tracks were a Highway Companion 'exclusive download' you got if you purchased tour tickets for the Mojo tour. It came as a Mp3 download and possibly flac as well. For some odd reason I lost the first track of the download and cant find the original zip folder (9 years later that's a surprise.... how many computers have I had since then.. LOL) 

Yes.. but the 8 songs listed by blistersoul has 5 songs from KMA, moreover - and all of them are included on the brilliant 2disc Mojo edition. In other words, to me those 8 songs mentioned, wouldn't be the hardest songs to find by a long shot? I could be wrong, of course. (While I do have the CD and the vinyl, I don't have any possibility to transfer them to flac - no usb turntable and alas, computers with disc drives are a thing of the past around here.. I'm afraid I can't help out, sorry. So, by all means.. maybe they are hard to find for the file hoarders, I wouldn't know.)

Those last songs that Tomfest mention, however ("King's Highway", "Driving Down To Georgia", "Breakdown", and 'Runnin' Down A Dream") would be the real hard ones to find, no? Since they are the only 4 songs of the original HCC bonus bundle (of a 14 songs total) that wasn't issued physically at all and that way was kept exclusive. Unfortunately it seems I miss those 4 in my collection myself.

Okay, I found all 16 tracks and have them in 320. I am not big on holding on to FLAC. Here is How I put them in a running order for my iPhone. If anyone wants them, please PM me and I will hook you up with a link. 

Listen To Her Heart

King’s Highway

You Don’t Know How it Feels

I Won’t Back Down

Takin’ My Time

Drivin Down To Georgia

Breakdown

I Should Have Known It

Sweet William

Jefferson Jericho Blues

First Flash of Freedom

Running Man’s Bible