Sign in to follow this  
Marion

Introduce yourself!

You're so right, Liz. We have so many talented people on this forum.

Rick, I enjoyed that! You guys sound great! How's your wife doing now?

I'm having a great time reconnecting with peeps here on the farm. :)

Hey Brandon, I've noticed the RIC in your avatar. Can you tell us more about it, is it a 620 or a 660? What kind of tailpiece, pickups, year made, 6 or 12 string saddle and all. I'm a big RIC fan. Thanks......Nurk.

Nuke, it's a 620/12, I believe it's a 2010, I have not looked up the numbers to get more details.

I won it unexpectedly buy entering the contest below when they released the DTT Deluxe edition. A year later I get this random email saying "Congrats dude!!! I wanted to let you know that you won the guitar from the Tom Petty Arcade Game last year." and wanting my mailing address... I replied and they replied with a tracking number.

To enter the drawing, just register and play the Damn The Torpedoes Retro Arcade Game

It's a beautiful guitar, unfortunately I'm a lefty and cannot play it. I've considered having it restrung upside down but have decided for now to display it on my wall. As for playing I'll stick with my Fender ...for now.

Thanks for asking, I like to share the story :D

I'm Toni and I live near Santa Cruz, CA. I'm married with two sons and one grown daughter, who is currently living and working in Chile. I used to be a technical writer, but am now, um, "semi-retired." We're doing OK, though, so I have time to pursue my hobbies of reading, cooking, waterskiing, and being a huge baseball fan (as you may have guessed by my avatar photo).

I've been a TPATH fan since the very beginning; I distinctly remember hearing "Breakdown" for the first time at age 15. :) Aside from our band, I enjoy all kinds of music, especially the Schenkers' bands (UFO, Scorpions, Michael Schenker Group) as well as a variety of alternative bands, mostly obscure.

I love this thread!! Love getting to know all the Farmers better :)

My name is Beth and I live at the Jersey Shore....10 minutes away from the beach. I am married and "mom" to Smokey, Mikey...and the assorted wildlife that come and stay here on our property. I love the beach (still the beach girl) and gardening....start most of my vegetables and flowers in my greenhouse. Love music, concerts....and am very involved (my friends sure know!) in elephant conservation and issues. I am a loyal supporter of the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and foster 5 orphans now...Shukuru, Ndii, Olare, Sabachi and Murera. I went to Kenya last month (I have more photos to share) and got to see them all. But am now going again with a friend in October of 2013.

My name is Matthew and I live near Seattle, where I was born and raised. I've been working in the network support field for the last 17 years - since a layoff from Boeing in '93. I've been a Tom Petty fan and a musician since the late 70's. I've been married for 28 years and have 3 kids ages 17, 21, and 25.

I've been playing in bands all of these years and with the same group of guys for the last 20 or so years. In fact we're playing Saturday at a barbecue. You guys should come.

Rick - you can sit in. Your song sounded great. Put some glasses on and you'll be a dead ringer for Jerry Garcia. :)

This is nice. I'm Susan too (Susan 2?) and live in western Georgia. I've been married 33 years to my high school sweetheart, we have two grown kids that married & moved away and in '06 we left the suburbs to live in the country on a little farm with two old horses, two old doggies, and three cats.

I've always known who the band was (they first went to LA about the time I was beginning college) but in March during a rough time I found that music ('Won't Back Down', with solos on that pale yellow Gretsch Falcon) indeed soothes the troubled soul.

Edited by Succatash
grammar error!

I so glad you all enjoyed the video/song. Another one of our songs, "Urizen (Your Reason)," got picked up last year and was placed on a CD compilation called "Psych Bites 2," and is available now on iTunes.

I won it unexpectedly buy entering the contest below when they released the DTT Deluxe edition. A year later I get this random email saying "Congrats dude!!! I wanted to let you know that you won the guitar from the Tom Petty Arcade Game last year." and wanting my mailing address... I replied and they replied with a tracking number.

It's a beautiful guitar, unfortunately I'm a lefty and cannot play it. I've considered having it restrung upside down but have decided for now to display it on my wall. As for playing I'll stick with my Fender ...for now.

Thanks for asking, I like to share the story :D

That is classic. I live in that lefty world as well. Took me forever to find a used lefty fender so I could screech on it. I'm all for having it restrung upside down just to mess with the folks who pick it up and try and play.

Looks like I made a newbie faux paus and put my re-introduction in a new thread. Tsk tsk. So, I'll share some more info here.

When you think of me, Clyde ... think of "Free Fallin'." I live an hour away from everything Petty made up in his delicious song and I often Mountain Bike in the Santa Monica Mountains. Mulholland is one of those streets like Sunset Blvd that just stretches forever and ever. However, right dab in the middle of it is a stretch called "Dirt Mulholland" which is blocked on either end (Skirball on one end and Topanga on the other) for local access only. If you were traveling on highway 101 and turned on Reseda Blvd towards the Ocean you would pass over Ventura Blvd and eventually dead end at Dirt Mulholland bisecting the trail at pretty much the mid-point. Dirt Mulholland is the curtain rod for the many canyon pleats that amble down towards the Pacific Ocean.

When I mountain bike I usually have one of my various mix tape compilations in one ear to guide me along. And this has only happened once (so far) ... where I've been flying along in that magic hour before Sunset ... "glidin down Mulholland ... and ridin in Reseda ... looking West on Ventura Blvd ... and guess what pops into my ear !!!

There you go.

This is a great thread, Marion! Love reading everyone's posts...we do have a multi talented group here! :)

I'm Lisa and live near Hot Springs, AR. I'm retired and enjoying it tremendously! I've been married 36 years with no kids, my kids are the 4 legged kind. Aggie and LeeLou are my dogs that live in the house with me and I have 6 goats (yes, they live outside, lol), have 2 grown girls, 2 boys and 2 twin girls that are 2 1/2 months old, one I bottle feed 4 times a day named Bunny and the very 1st time she saw the bottle nibble she knew what to do with it, she's a PRO, lol. I have been a music lover since age 6 when I started piano lessons, music was always in our house. Been a fan of TPATH since the very beginning, but really got to know them in 1999 when I first got online. I love to go to concerts, including traveling to see friends and enjoy the shows, love gardening and the outdoors. Also love to go fishing on the river in the summertime.

Hi, I'm Angie. I live in San Antonio, Tx. I am a busy mom of 5 who loves TPATH:) I love doing yoga and jogging. I am an avid record collector too. I love sharing my love for the band and making new friends on here. My husband and I love hearing live music together. This place has been a great way to meet some wonderful people! You know who you are:)

Clyde, I've been to LA many times and all around the area you are describing. In a car of course. Be careful on your bike! Sounds like a beautiful trip.

YAY! I love that you revived this thread, Nick! I love reading all of these intros.