Sign in to follow this  
Super Dave

Atlanta

Fantastic show.

Loved the set list, highlights for me were the JJ Cale song, and the Mojo Songs, they tore it up.

A very welcome return of Here Comes My Girl which had the whole crowd singing, makes you wonder why it hasn't been played in so long, the crowd LOVED it.

Big highlight for Super Catherine was Something Big.

Tom was very chatty and clearly having fun, they are all on top of their game and it was so refreshing to see.

The band was flawless.

Huge props to the new Amphitheater in Alpharetta, 1st class facility that was jam packed but for whatever reason there were no long lines anywhere, when we left we out of the parking lot and on the road at 11:06, phenomenal.

I hope each and every one of you can get to experience what we experienced tonight.

Good night all!

I totally agree with ya, SuperDave!!!

Hearing them play "Here Comes My Girl" and one of my faves, "Spike" reminded me how wonderful these guys are. :)

As far as the covers go, the JJ Cale song was a good choice! No "Mystic Eyes" or "Gloria" made me happy.

"I Should Have Known It" absolutely rocked!!! They tore that song up!!!

I would like to add I finally got to meet up with a few Farmer friends before the show. That was just as fun (if not more) for me to meet them as seeing Tom again.

very much enjoyed the JJ Cale number as well! thought the set was nice....everyone seemed to be enjoying everything! yer so bad and Spike were fun! thanks for posting those photos our seats were pretty far back so i couldn't see too well and couldn't really get many (or any) good photos....as soon as i go through them i'll post a few if they are any good! ha ha

Peace, Love, and Music forever

Thanks for the pictures, SLQ!!!

Huge props to the new Amphitheater in Alpharetta, 1st class facility that was jam packed but for whatever reason there were no long lines anywhere, when we left we out of the parking lot and on the road at 11:06, phenomenal.

Yes, indeed! Traffic flowed very smoothly. We were on the road in no time as well! And that was a good thing too, since we had over 3 hours to drive home. :)

Thanks for the post, Super Dave! Sounds like a great show. They're probably only getting better and better as the tour goes on. I heard from someone who saw both that the Wichita show was better by far than Little Rock so happy I was in Wichita.

Gosh great photos, too. Love that jacket Tom had on!

I also wanted to pass along that they appeared to hit the stage before 9PM, Super Catherine and I were enjoying some cool refreshing beverages on a bench outside the seating area (It was HOT) and at 8:45 we went back to our seats and shortly thereafter the lights went out. My better half said that she looked at her watch and that it was 8:50 PM when they came on stage. Previous professional reviews in print stated that they started the show at 9PM promptly. (Of course they also confused Benmont with Scott Thurston too.)

Fair warning, better be in your seats by a quarter to 9PM

I was lucky enough to have second row seats but had some jerks in front of me who continuously held up t-shirts trying to get Mike's attention. Couldn't see half the time because they were in the way and they often nearly drowned out the band with their stupidity. They had two girls with them who were dry humping the stage all night. I felt sorry for Tom and Mike. They were obviously annoying them. If all you want to do is get drunk...stay away from concerts. The band is trying to work....keep your mouth shut and listen, please!

Now as for what I did get to see and hear -- they were AWESOME as usual!! I loved Spike. First time I heard it LIVE. I wrote in sometime ago on the officials that I wanted to hear "Something Big" live and they delivered. I do love that song...

The MOJO tracks were much better than the last time (2010). Don't know why. They really rocked them last night!!! My husband had never seen TPATH and was absolutely impressed. He says he understands why we all love Mike's guitar playing so much now. He was impressed with all of the band and commented that the Heartbreakers are probably the best group of musicians anywhere.

The set design was great too. I do not know how they made those red curtains do all those colors and designs but they were beautiful. Jim Lenihan rocks!

Regina Spektor (is that how u spell it??) was really good. I wish more people had been in their seats and given her a little more respect. After all, it has to be hard to open for TPATH. She seemed really sweet. I saw her and Dana rocking away on Scott's side of the stage. Dana is such a beautiful woman!

Did not get pictures since my camera died. :( Oh well!

The meet-up with friends was great! It was good to meet everyone, and to see some I have met before. It really makes the concerts more personal to share them with like-minded folks. Thanks everyone!

i thought the Mojo songs rocked as well and i liked I'm a Man...wow i think there should be a law about not letting idiots (especially loud tall ones! ha ha) in the front row! our seats were closer to the lawn than to the stage which was kinda dissapointing considering they were "fan club" pre-sale....oh well show still rocked! Band sounded great! i got a few blurry pics put them up on the facebook maybe this will get you to them

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150864891222774.475968.774162773&type=1&l=a63f356b80

Edited by BrandyZep
i can't spell or proofread well!

it's great to read all the great reviews of this and all the other shows. It makes me all the more excited to see them on Saturday. It will be my son JJ's first show, he had to miss Mojo tour and was extrememly bummed out about that! Can't wait to meet up with all my Texan Farmers:)

Amber, amen and amen again to the observation about drunk jerks. I was on the back row with a fellow Farmer and had a set of those nitwits right in front of us that blocked our view most of the evening, plus another set down our row that kept going in front of on their way for beer, more beer, to pee, more beer, you get my drift. If I weren't a Southern Lady I would have smacked them upside the head.

And this was my very first concert. But not even the annoying drunks can spoil that! What a fine one it was indeed to be the first. To me it seems like the band is doing it's best work ever. I feel like I've just discovered the band altho I've always known of them even back in the '70's. A few months ago it was Mike's work on 'I Should Have Known It' on Mojo that got me. To see him play that in person... astonishing. It literally took my breath.

Glad some of you got to meet up. Sorry about the drunks. I've been to Atlanta twice and for some reason they always seem to have extra drunks at those shows. Glad it was a good show in spite of the drunks!