Sign in to follow this  
jawallac

Mike Campbell: The Guitars

Sorry, TomFest. Maybe they will make it available for everyone eventually.

That song Mike is playing at the end of chapter 2 is called Little Irish Girl. It's a Dirty Knobs song. I wonder if it will be on the next Heartbreaker's album. It's such a beautiful song!

That song Mike is playing at the end of chapter 2 is called Little Irish Girl. It's a Dirty Knobs song. I wonder if it will be on the next Heartbreaker's album. It's such a beautiful song!

Didn't Tee think he was singing "Little Amish Girl" the first time she heard that song? Haha, that cracked me up.

TomPetty.com seems to be doing a much better job these days keeping the fans informed and sharing the videos and triva we've been sharing with each other for years. It's nice! Whoever is running the site is doing a great job.

WOW can anyone help me watch these?

Jay, good things will be coming:

"Hopefully you have been enjoying chapters of the documentary Mike Campbell : The Guitars that are being posted in the NEWS section over on tompetty.com

There is also a book in the works about Mike's guitars (details still being negotiatied with the publisher). If the book happens, the plan is to include a DVD of all chapters of the Mike Campbell: The Guitars documentary.

I will give you more details about when I can (hopefully late this summer after the band returns from the tour).

Jim Toombs (Indian who shot out the lights)"

What timing - this is the kind of thing that just knocks me off my feet. After so many years of being sooo inspired by good guitar, to get to not only see these guitars but hear Mike talk about them as well just wrecks me. I'm in heaven. Saw the band play live for the very first time 2 nights ago too! No words to convey that, but I bet y'all heard me when he hit that first note on 'Won't Back Down'... perfection.

medium.jpg

We are excited to present Chapter 3 of Mike Campbell: The Guitars to members of the Highway Companions Club.

The next two chapters of the series explore Mike's Fender Broadcaster, which along with the 1964 Strat featured in Chapter 2, helped form the foundation of the Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers sound.

Chapter 4 of Mike Campbell: The Guitars will premiere for Highway Companion Club members next Tuesday May 15. Here the air dates for all of the remaining chapters of the series.

Mike Campbell: The Guitars – Highway Companions Club Air Times

medium.jpg

If you're a Highway Companions Club Member we hope you have already watched and enjoyed Chapters 1 and 2 of Mike Campbell: The Guitars.

We are taking a hiatus premiering chapters from the series while the band is on the road. Chapter 3 will premiere for Highway Companions Club members on Tuesday May 8.

Below is the schedule for the premieres of the remaining chapters of Mike Campbell: The Guitars for Highway Companions Club members. All dates are Tuesdays.

Chapter 3: The Irreplaceable Fender Broadcaster – Part 1

May 8

Chapter 4: The Irreplaceable Fender Broadcaster – Part 2

May 15

Chapter 5: Thicker and Dirtier - The Gibson Goldtop

May 21

Chapter 6: Chimes of Freedom – The Rickenbacker Sound - Part 1

May 29

Chapter 7: Chimes of Freedom – The Rickenbacker Sound - Part 2

July 3

Chapter 8: In Between Bright and Heavy – That Gretsch Tone

July 10

Chapter 9: A Whole Studio On Your Guitar – Vox

July 17

Chapter 10: Biting Clear and Loud – The Gibson Les Paul Jr. and SG

July 24

Chapter 11: Begging To Be Played – The 1959 Gibson Les Paul

July 31

Chapter 12: The Surf Sound of The Fender Jaguar/The Mike Campbell Duesenbeg and the Super Bowl

August 7

Chapter 13: Handle With Care: (Another) Invaluable 1964 Fender Stratocaster

August 14

Chapter 14: The Homestead and Studio

August 21

Chapter 15: Assorted Specialties and Conclusion

August 28

If you are already an HCC member, watch:

Chapter 1: Introduction - Treasured Gifts That Keep Giving

Chapter 2: A Sound Is Born On The 1964 Fender Stratocaster

If you are not a Highway Companions Club member and are interested in learning more about the membership package, please click here.

Directed by Justin Kreutzmann, Mike Campbell: The Guitars is a 15 chapter web documentary which features Mike Campbell taking us on a tour of his guitar collection and explaining the stories and significance behind the instruments as they relate to his own personal journey and the music of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.

I sure hope they release this as a DVD or bonus material on something.

Me too! I want the documentary all at one time, guitar after guitar... yeah bub. And a book would be fab too. :heart:

Susan