Sign in to follow this  
fanfan

Tom Petty live in Germany 2012

Why is that BS? Maybe people are excited about the show and buying tickets! And if scalpers bought them all, well, that does suck, but at least tickets are selling and the show won't be cancelled!

^ You're missing the point!!!!! It sucks that the scalpers got all the seats! Did you already forget how the ticket sales used to be here??? That's what I'm saying, not that there is a tour and they can see our band. I just wanted to make it clear what I mean as "BS."

I am very happy with the way the ticket sale was organised, with the number of tix sold already and doubt that there are many scalpers.

Reasons:

a) There was a very early fanclub pre-sale

B) There was an early Eventim exclusive pre-sale for registered people

c) The public sale is running for half a day now already, many loose fans bought their tix today already.

d) There's a limit of 4 tickets per show, 6 tickets in total per person, even now

e) There are NO tickets on ebay.de so far for the German shows :)

f) There are possibly great seats reserved for travel packages to come

I bought ticket in moment when sale began , and was not good seats

I'm sorry for you and all fans who didn't get good tickets when they still were available, after the two pre-sales I guess the top seats were gone already, the fanclub presale cleared about the rows 1-7 already I think. I still can't believe how lucky I was getting into the fanclub in time to get a 3rd row ticket.

Maybe there are going to be some ticket giveaway competition on German radio and in magazines later this year? I guess IF there are such, these tix won't be bad either.

Good luck anyway to still get a good seat!!!

Edited by fanfan

I never take the first tickets offered if it's not close to what I want. I throw them back and try again and again and again. I never settle unless I've tried for at least a half an hour in both pre sale and regular sale and then if I still really, REALLY want to go I settle.

I never take the first tickets offered if it's not close to what I want. I throw them back and try again and again and again. I never settle unless I've tried for at least a half an hour in both pre sale and regular sale and then if I still really, REALLY want to go I settle.

Good advice. Unfortunately. Now THAT's a topic that really pisses me off - when ticket companies like Ticketmaster are holding good tickets back, not serving the first ones best.

Well that may not always be the case. Remember there are tons of other fans trying for tickets too, not just scalpers and they may be throwing them back in the pot or losing them because of a credit card or computer malfunction so they go back into the pot. So that may be why better tickets may come up well into the sale.

I guess scalpers arent't the problem this time. I have talked to eventim and i reselling of tickets is not possible...at least for tickets bought before officical sale. The have to be picked up right at the venue and only at the day of the concert.

Anyway ticket presale must have gone pretty well because in friday morning best seats were already gone.

Hope that all 3 Shows will get sold-out. Got my tixx 2nd row center stage for all 3 gigs:D

Then there’s the upcoming Tom Petty concert in May. Secondary-market tickets for that sold-out show go as high as a bank account-busting $1,600 – far more than the original $49.50-89.50 ticket price.

It's a part from the article

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120127/ENT/301270040/1002/NEWS01/Sold-out-Ticket-brokers-more-popular-than-ever?odyssey=nav%7Chead