Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

2012 Tour Dates

Honestly, It's a lot of money, but I'm fine with 122 bucks max.

I paid 99 EUR for the AC/DC Black Ice tour and was about a mile away from the stage.

And a couple of years ago, the Eagles played Mannheim and charged 160 EUR per ticket in that category. Which I didn't pay.

So basically, "overpriced" is relative.

Uh yea like the entire first part of last tour that got cancelled?

I am still bitter over that. I am skipping this tour.

Knoxville 2003! Marion, me, and others had wonderful seats to that show, but then they canceled it. Some of us arranged flights and dates to go to the Memphis shows, but what craziness.

I have been kicking around the idea of going to Orlando, and I put in a request for the time off, but I don't know. I must be getting old because I don't have the adrenalin rush to do the planning and negotiate the ticket sale madness. We shall see.

WooHoo Albuquerque! But Tingley Coliseum? It's the old (completed 1957) rodeo/hockey arena. Tingley seats 11,571, and is dated and the acoustics are challenging. Looks like the stage may be in the center according to speculators below, which may explain the venue choice. But they may be guessing. Do the other venues have the stage in the center?

Looks like the scalpers/concierge-style ticketing services/procurers are already speculating with $718 floor seats (What's with these guys, anyway?). A sad example - http://com-albuquerque.com/tickets/1794931/tom-petty-and-the-heartbreakers--at--tingley-coliseum--on--4-24-2012

[Warning:] "Price: Ticket Prices Can Be Below Or Above Face Value.

Inventory: We Are A Secondary Market Ticket Provider Utilizing The Most Extensive Network Of Buyers And Sellers Of Event Inventory For Buyers And Sellers."

Peace, S

P.S. Happy Holidays Farmers!

Yes, Held og Lykke, Softanimal!!

You could still go for Hamburg, couldn't you?

Hey, where did you learn Danish? :P

I could possibly travel to Hamburg, but then again; It requires more days out of the calender, more expenses and I suppose the best seats have been taken, now you've been there, right? ;)

Edited by Softanimal

Well, knowing the boys are getting older (and me too for that matter)...how many more tours will we see? Carpe Diem .....whatever the price. I am going to scramble for Atlanta and Orlando since they are drivable, but still require a hotel stay. It will be rough since that is the last week of the semester for me and graduation is the first Saturday in May.....but so be it. Hope to see some farmers there!

I hope they have enough ticket sales in some of those areas like Wichita and Little Rock. I remember one year they were playing in a a town in Kentucky and a bunch of us decided to go to that one and got really, really good seats only to have them cancel because of lack of sales. Well, I don't think they said it had anything to do with the ticket sales but they did cancel. Of course we all got burned with hotel fees and flights. It was a real bummer.

I am planning on Wichita, however, my thoughts were the same about ticket sales. Wichita, in the past, has been wishy washy about rock bands. I know there are some die-hard Petty fans in the area, but will it be enough to fill an arena? Plus I read that Boeing is considering pulling out of Wichita (again) and there could be out of work people thus lower ticket sales. Trying to stay positive but knowing how the people of Wichita can be, I will be holding my breath on this one. :confused:

I am planning on Wichita, however, my thoughts were the same about ticket sales. Wichita, in the past, has been wishy washy about rock bands. I know there are some die-hard Petty fans in the area, but will it be enough to fill an arena? Plus I read that Boeing is considering pulling out of Wichita (again) and there could be out of work people thus lower ticket sales. Trying to stay positive but knowing how the people of Wichita can be, I will be holding my breath on this one. :confused:

I agree with Marion & GoldenGirl on the ticket sales, the only thing about Little Rock is that the arena is a small one, but the Rolling Stones tickets went like wildfire and I got 3 for the nosebleed seats wayyy in the back but it was well worth it all, the whole arena was packed full. I hope it's that way with TP on this tour, I know in Memphis at the Pyramid the place was packed, just hope I can score a couple of tickets for Little Rock.....

In vivo, at last!

Two generations will go to the Zurich show for me (anyone else from the Farm???), my son is a big TPaTH & Ferrone fan. I'm really looking forward to seeing the band after all this listening, chatting and seeing most of all of you go to concerts. Tom better do a whole herbal tea treatment before the start of the Tour ;-)

Ah one little thing for all who dream to hit two Heartbreakers with one stone, in Europe, Tom & Heartbreakers are not so famous than in the US so a canceling could happen just anywhere. It's going to be a suspense right to the end.

Eeeee! Less than a month? I'm so excited. 5 1/2 weeks to Jazz Fest.

I'm meeting a friend to see Bruce at JF (my first time to see him!), and she was trying to give me some pointers on festivals, telling me how hard it is to get close, etc. I was like, you have no idea, lady! He he he