Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

2012 Tour Dates

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers are excited to announce a series of North American concerts in 2012 prior to embarking on their first tour of Europe in 20 years.

The North American tour includes the band's first ever show at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival where they will headline the first weekend of the annual event on Saturday, April 28.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers will also perform in the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland and Nova Scotia for the first time. The band will play in St. John's, NL on June 3 and in Halifax, NS on a date to be announced shortly.

Following the Canadian dates, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers will head to Europe for a tour which includes their already announced headlining performance at the Isle of Wight Festival on June 22. Shows in Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, England, Switzerland, France, and Italy are currently included on the itinerary.

April 19: 1st Bank Center, Broomfield, CO

April 21: Verizon Arena, Little Rock, AR

April 24: Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM

April 26: INTRUST Bank Arena, Wichita, KS

April 28: New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, New Orleans, LA

April 29: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA

May 1: Germain Arena, Estero, FL

May 3: Amway Center, Orlando, FL

May 5: Frank Irwin Center, Austin, TX

June 3: Mile One Centre, St. John's, NL

June 7: 02 Arena, Dublin, IR

June 8: The Marquee, Cork, IR

June 10: 02 World, Hamburg, GER

June 12: Open Air, Horsens, DK

June 14: The Globe, Stockholm, SWE

June 15: Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo, NOR

June 22: Isle of Wight Festival, UK

June 24: Hallenstadion, Zurich, SWI

June 25: Lanxess Arena, Cologne, GER

June 27: Grand Rex, Paris, FR

June 29: Piazza Napoleone, Lucca, IT

June 30: SAP Arena, Mannheim, GER

If so would have to be between May 5 - June 3, otherwise looks pretty booked up and then off to Europe.

I'd like this to be all, can't really think of the options with the spectre of more shows popping up.

It doesn't seem like there are enough breaks in the tour yet...but I'm just thinking about potential fatigue -- Also, getting everything from Lucca to Mannheim in 24 hours - seems a bit rushed. Plus that Mannheim booking seems a bit out of place on the map.....They seem to be backtracking south to north than back south.... (That is what happend last time before they rearranged.)

Edited by somewheredowntheroad

Wichita, KS????? Lived in the city for 9 years praying they would go there. No! Move away and they go there. Haven't been back there in 4 years...Yup! Considering a road trip (depending on the seats I can pull up!).

P.S. Any one having issues on the tompetty.com site. Can log in but that is it. Can't see the message board. Could be the computer I am using.

It doesn't seem like there are enough breaks in the tour yet...but I'm just thinking about potential fatigue -- Also, getting everything from Lucca to Mannheim in 24 hours - seems a bit rushed. Plus that Mannheim booking seems a bit out of place on the map.....They seem to be backtracking south to north than back south.... (That is what happend last time before they rearranged.)

Yes let's not forget that debacle!

I'm happy they are touring...and they are going to in U.S. cities with direct flights for me (sorry for being selfish). This is an exciting day....and eventhough I won't get to as many shows as last 2010, I am excited to see their beautiful faces, their grins...and to hear some of my favorite music...Let's hope for more deep tracks, more guitar solos....more time for Benmont to shine on those keys....Yes, Yes, Yes...This is so great!

Worst North American tour locations ever.

Really interesting locations, huh? You know there will be more US dates.

I am very happy for the European fans though - they have been waiting a long time for this!