Sign in to follow this  
Muddy Todd

2012 Tour Confirmed!

Mixed excitement and apprehension on my end. If TPATH comes to a venue near me, and if time off from work and concert date agree, I will go. However, we had this excitement in 2010 and then a slew of dates after tickets went on sale were canceled. I hope that roller coaster is not revisited in 2012.

at the risk of being my usual nitpicky pain-in-the-a$$, the wording on the email is already unclear -

If your membership expires anytime on or before January 31, 2012 you are qualified to participate in presales of ALL shows anywhere in the world announced in the news section of TomPetty.com prior to January 31, 2012.

If your membership expires on or after February 1, 2012, then your membership will be extended in the coming days until December 31, 2012 and you will qualify to participate in ALL presales that take place prior to that date.

They must really mean (for the first one) that you can take place in any presales actually TAKING PLACE before Jan. 31, not any that are ANNOUNCED before Jan. 31.

Actually depending on how this all unfolds, not a minor point at all.

I'm in the first group, too, and am confused about renewing.

The statement leads me to think that there may be shows announced prior to January 31, 2012 AND then (as they add additional dates) others will be announced after January 31, 2012.

Which doesn't help with the renewal confusion at all.

That e-mail was not very clear at all. Luckily, I don't have to renew my membership until September 2012. However, if my renewal date were to be coming up in the next month or so I would renew now to avoid any glitches when ticket buying time comes around.

I called the toll-free number of HC (now LiveNation) and they couldn't figure out how to renew either. They said that, evidently, renewals aren't being offered right now but I should wait until some presales are announced... Geez, I don't trust that!... I wanna renew NOW!...

Oh Lord! I bet they announce the tour dates and onsale dates, and then they will allow renewals which will mean a shit load of people will be renewing memberships at the same time. If this is the case, I hope that glitches are minimized. Remember! I said minimized. To eliminate any problems is too much to hope for.

I called the toll-free number of HC (now LiveNation) and they couldn't figure out how to renew either. They said that, evidently, renewals aren't being offered right now but I should wait until some presales are announced... Geez, I don't trust that!... I wanna renew NOW!...
Did you try logging out then logging in again? If your membership is due to expire in the next month it should prompt you to renew. I thought if you just go to "My Account" you could renew?

I'm all excited and nervous, too!! Geez, I was shut out of the Black Keys presale today, so thinking about this is making me feel sick!!

Edit: Phew, I'm good through 2/25! Hopefully there will be no issues with that date.

BTW, I see a "Click here to renew early" on my account page.

Ah, life is wonderful again -- I logged out of my account, then logged back in and I was able to renew! Thanks for the suggestion, Susan. I think I'm in good shape now for whatever presales happen... or maybe I'm okay... guess I'll have to wait and see..

Actually, I emailed "help" and finally the renewal thingy appeared. It wasn't available all day. I also noticed that they took down the board for awhile because there were several comments that stated the "old" members were gonna get punished and prevented from buying advance tickets after Jan 2012. Seems they got the point and have fixed it...at least I am good until jan 2013 now. I do understand they want to have something special for the "old" members, but it always has some sort of glitch and usually causes more problems than necessary. Thankfully, they are acting quickly and addressing the problem before it becomes a major storm.