Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

TPATH Performing in Halifax?!

Tom Petty will rock Halifax in 2012:

Promoter David Carver says band will play Metro Centre in either late May or early June

PHILIP CROUCHER

METRO HALIFAX

Published: December 08, 2011 9:29 p.m.

Last modified: December 08, 2011 11:13 p.m.

Take it to the bank. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be rocking Halifax in 2012.

“There’s no doubt about that,” concert promoter David Carver said of the legendary rock band coming to the provincial capital next year.

Carver confirmed to Metro Halifax on Thursday night the group will be playing two shows next spring in Atlantic Canada – one at the Metro Centre and the other at Mile One Stadium in St. John’s.

He said specific dates haven’t been confirmed, but the group will be coming here in either late May or early June.

“I know it’s going to sellout,” he said specifically of the Halifax show, which is rumoured to be happening June 3. “If it was later in the year, I’d be hoping to do the show outdoors somewhere. But because it’s late May or early June, the Metro Centre is the place to do it.”

Carver, a Newfoundland native, operates his own concert promoting business and produced the show that saw Aerosmith rock P.E.I. in 2007.

He didn’t have a specific date on when the official announcement, including ticket prices, would be made for Petty, but expected it to happen soon.

Carver said the band is now putting together its touring schedule to include the two stops in Atlantic Canada.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/local/article/1045927--tom-petty-will-rock-halifax-in-2012-promoter

Radio station OZFM.com out of St. John's Halifax, Newfoundland, Canada is promoting a concert on Twitter - date and ticket information not available yet, but they're giving away tickets Monday morning on their "Dawn Patrol" show. Is this a new pic?

tn-copy1.jpg

Susan, will Aimee be able to go the the Atlantic Canada shows?

As of right now, it sounds that way Lizzie. Her mother has said she will take her to the concert in Halifax. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that doesn't change.

Edit: Her mom changed her mind. The only way Aimee can go is to sneak out, take the bus to Halifax, and get her credit card back from her mom to buy the tickets.

Edited by SingsInFrench