Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

Movies you have never seen/didn't care for

See? Different again. I thought that title song for Titanic sung by Celine Dion was extremely beautiful and haunting. Oh well, I'm just different. It seems I don't make for a very good North American.

Never seen a Martin Lawrence movie and have no intent to. The 2 most boring, over-rated movies I've ever seen are the English Patient & Out of Africa. Snooze-fest!

Great Gatsby is one of my all time favorite movies & books. Love Titanic & Forrest Gump too.

I forgot about the Terminator movies and Conan The Barbarian movies.

I may get smacked for this, (so I'm ducking my head as I type)... I didn't think The Hangover was as funny as everyone made it out to be. Just the Mike Tyson part stands out to me. Other than that... it was just okay.

^┬┤You're not alone about it. I haven't seen Top Gun either.

Have just watched this movie "Zombieland", about a guy who survives a zombiepest where everybody's infected, except from another guy and two girls.

They meet and what I thought should be a splatter, turns into a movie about love and "finding-a-family-feeling".

By the way, Titanic is a long movie. Kind of boring, too.

Edited by Softanimal

I may get smacked for this, (so I'm ducking my head as I type)... I didn't think The Hangover was as funny as everyone made it out to be. Just the Mike Tyson part stands out to me. Other than that... it was just okay.

I hated that movie. Pure stupidity. And that is coming from a person who's all time favorite movie is Pee Wee's Big Adventure!

^ Dumb and Dumber is my favorite movie and I just didn't see what was so hilarious about The Hangover. OMG! I looove Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!!!

I think Eddie Murphy is great, but I absolutely hate, hate, hate Harlem Nights and Coming To America.

I don't remember much about it but I remember thinking that I never ever wanted to see Basketball Diaries again.

Didn't really care for The Hangover either but you two and your Pee Wee and Dumb and Dumber. lol Tee runs screaming at the thought of both of those. haha!

^And I really liked 'Basketball Diaries'; it's not pretty, but it is interesting, and mostly true! I also liked 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape,' 'This Boy's Life' and especially 'Total Eclipse', 'Marvin's Room', and 'The Quick and the Dead'. Not to get off subject, but I loved the younger, edgier Leonardo DiCaprio, and I really enjoyed 'Titanic', as well. The attraction for that was the love story wrapped up in the tragedy. I haven't seen anything of his from 'The Beach' on. I even liked 'Romeo and Juliet' even though it was a really wack, I will admit, kind of a modern take, but still with iambic pentameter. And as a postal worker, I found that the lovers ended up killing themselves basically because the post was late, hilarious!

Didn't really care for The Hangover either but you two and your Pee Wee and Dumb and Dumber. lol Tee runs screaming at the thought of both of those. haha!

HAHA!! Dumb and Dumber is a CLASSIC!

^Ok, here we part ways, lol. I love Blazing Saddles (anything by Mel Brooks, really) and I never was a big fan of Dumb and Dumber. Maybe it was Jim Carey's broken tooth, haha!

^Ok, we are back together now, lol. I went to see the first one at the IMAX. OH MY GOD, I was horrified in the first 5 minutes. I closed my eyes, plugged my ears and sang to myeself for the rest of the movie (because you are not supposed to get up during an IMAX movie unless it's an emergency and we were in the very middle of the row). It was so awful, I was miserable! One of the worst movie experiences I ever had.

^ Good! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who hated those movies. I remember when the 3rd Jurassic Park was out and Mr. Pettyhead and I were watching some other movie in the theatre, we almost couldn't hear the movie we were watching because of those stupid dinosaurs!

Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy

Really hard to follow, even though I knew what was going on. I read a really funny article where a woman said it was so gray, it was like watching oatmeal for two hours. That night she went home and, in homage to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, wrote on her husband's chest in lipstick: "My husband made me see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy".

^ I went to see that because Olman and Cumberbatch are in it, and I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't recommend it to most people because it draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags on. Definitely more for the cerebral crowd.

I despise Lord Of The Rings. I want to start clawing my face off whenever someone mentions it. Ditto for Top Gun, and I call Cars "Carzzzzzzzz" because it put me to sleep. So did Brokeback Mountain, even though I had been really looking forward to it.

I finally saw ET last week and it was as cloying as I'd always suspected. Not horrible, but I feel zero desire to ever watch it again.

Edited by Beamish

I never saw Brokeback Mountain. Movies like that, I just feel it would be pointless to see after all the hoopla has past. I'm sure I'd like them, I just can't bring myself to watch them.

Poor Gary Oldman, I mispelled his name in my last post. Anyway, I have a new movie to scratch my head at: Sherlock Holmes: Game Of Shadows. I didn't hate it, and I liked Moriarty, but I felt like it was a whole lotta smoke and very little fire. Couldn't get into it.