Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

I Confess - Part II

I confess I've been so stressed out this week from work that I was a hairs breathe away from phoning in sick, I didn't though, I'm too bloody dependable. I've not taken a single sick day this year.

I confess.....might be a bit silly but I think of my Dad. I was just out in the garden and one of those big fighter jets went over low (we are by the Base in Lakehurst) I always salute up to them.....I am proud of our Service men and women....and I am so proud of my Dad :heart:

^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_paper_scissors

Well, the Wikipedia entry gives more information than you need, lol. Here are the main points:

The players count aloud to three, or speak the name of the game, each time raising one hand in a fist and swinging it down on the count. After the third count, the players change their hands into one of three gestures, which they then "throw" by extending it towards their opponent. Variations include a version where players use a fourth count—"Shoot!"—before throwing their gesture, or a version where they only shake their hands twice before "throwing." The gestures are:

• Rock, represented by a clenched fist.
  • Scissors, represented by two fingers extended and separated.
  • Paper, represented by an open hand, with the fingers extended and touching (horizontal).

The objective is to select a gesture which defeats that of the opponent. Gestures are resolved as follows:

• Rock blunts or breaks scissors: that is, rock defeats scissors.
    • Scissors cut paper: scissors defeats paper.
    • Paper covers, sands or captures rock: paper defeats rock.

If both players choose the same gesture, the game is tied and the players throw again.

^^ What?!?!! LOL

I confess that I hated going to another stylist this morning, but I just couldn't hold out another two weeks until my hairdresser's salon was finished being renovated.

I confess I'm glad my doctor called me this morning. Very peculiar test results but she said she'll re-test again next month and for now she thinks it's ok. But bizarre test results, she said she's never seen anything quite like it before. Well that's me. Walking medical marvel.