Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

I Confess - Part II

I confess to becoming tired of being the black sheep around here, oh wait, should that be a colour challenged sheep? Is it wrong to say black sheep? Well I wouldn't want to offend the sheep, black cow, black crow, black horse whatever.

I come out and up front say it, I don't hide behind it, I don't say what everyone wants to hear then say the opposite behind anyones backs. So many of you really don't seem to have any sort of sense of humour unless it's the old pie in the face type. You don't even seem to understand when something is being said for the complete bleeding farce of it. For Gods sake lighten up. Oh right, mustn't say LIGHTEN up. Is there anything we can say now around here apart from whose holding the next quilting bee and baking the cookies for the next PTA meeting?

I never said it was...

Seems like words are being put in my mouth now! I never once said racism is funny.

I confess that a bunch of people have been picking on whatever I bloody well say nowadays ever since I fell out with ONE person, and that was HER decision not mine. Now all the others have ganged up too. I'm sticking up for myself and not just walking away quietly. I don't find gang mentality funny, but it's going on here at this forum!

You knew the post was offensive when you wrote it, so why post it? It seems you were looking to start a fight. The post was racist and not clever or amusing. Then you put us all down, saying we don't have a sense of humor. That's little kids' logic. If you don't laugh at something mean-spirited well, then there's something wrong with you.

Incidentally, I know nothing about your falling-out with a person. I was just offended by your post and I had to speak up about it.

Oh my good God Let it go people for Christs sake. I get it you all hate my guts (all of a sudden) you don't like ANYTHING at all that I say. Well if you all think, you can sit there smugly at home and act like I'm the devil incarnate and I'm not going to stand up for myself, forget it. All of you have acted negatively towards me ever since the falling out that Patty and I had. Boy, she must have SOME influence on everyone. You are all getting on at me enmasse, and here I sit alone. Real nice and Christian that is!

^ Me to!

I have in fact apologised profusely for the upset, I started an apology thread in Depot Street, mind you it would seem that in spite of all the fuss that ensued no one's really interested in the apology after all that. It's had 116 hits, but only 3 people bothered to acknowledge that. So much for that.

I read it Emmie, and I understand British humor, cuz I lived it from 1964 til today following The Beatles and understanding it, compared to American humor. There is or was a lot I didn't get in the beginning, but as time goes by and you understand it, it's quite funny. I use it quite often in some of my quotes and sometimes I think that people don't get it, then I remember it's not American. I'm sure that you sometimes don't get my humor either and that's ok. But when we met, there were no boundries from British to American, we just had a great time together and I'll never forget that. Keep that in your mind!!!!

YW Emmie. I don't hide from myself or anything, people know what I am, and if they don't like it, stay away. I try to be good and travel to meet all the farmers and have a good time. So far, it's been great. I've met the most wonderful people in the world and hope it continues for the next 1,000 years. So, all I can say at this time is a British saying that is famous......"And in the end, the love you make, is equal to the love you take". Remember that and enjoy life as we know it.

Emmie, I wasn't aware of your thread til just now.

I confess that I have misunderstood the lyrics to Margaritaville all these years. I thought he said he stepped on a Pop-Tart. lol

I confess that Dad wants me to put Bailey down because of the accidents he's had in the living room since he developed diabetes. I confess I don't know what I should do.

So sad to hear :( Is Bailey a dog or a cat? It's a good job they don't put human beings down with diabetes or half the population would be gone. I have diabetes (but don't have any accidents). Is Bailey on any medication for it? I know they can treat diabetes in animals, just as they can with humans, I know someone with a cat who is on medication for it.

:( Poor animals.

Oh Susan, my heart breaks for you. How has Baily been doing other than the accidents? Still eating, drinking, tail wagging? Tail wagging is very important, means the dog is happy. I know you said the medication they had put Bailey on was helping a lot. This is just a sad situation. I'm so sad for you. I agree with Liz, follow your heart. :085:

I confess, when I got close to my work location and saw a lot of smoke, I was wishing my office had burned down. OK, that made me laugh. I needed that, so much work stress right now.