Sign in to follow this  
Marion

Mudcrutch Stories & Photos

Hey, I came across this one when I was uploading some photos this morning. It was loaded by Danny Roberts....is that THE Danny Roberts? He was a member of Mudcrutch at one time, wasn't he? Thanks Danny! This is really cool!

Floating_Mud_Heads3.jpg

Yes, that's ME, the Danny Roberts that was in the band for almost 3 years, played and sang on all the demos, drove out to Hollywood in my 1969 VW bus with Tom and our roadie, Keith McAlister, helped negotiate the Shelter Records deal, played and sang on "Depot Street" and "Wild Eyes" and everything else that was recorded up to that point. Oddly, there's no mention of me anywhere in TP's movie/DVD or coffee-table book. Ouch!

Hey there everybody. Nice to see that you find the photos interesting. I've been draggin' these around the world with me for years. It's amazing that I never lost 'em. I guess there are actually times when being a pack-rat isn't such a bad thing!

When we finally got our record contract done, we set aside a certain amount of money so that we could buy some proper rock star duds. We went to this really cool shop in Hollyweird called "Granny's Takes a Trip". They also had one in NYC.

So, we're in there shopping away, a smallish shop, mind you, when I see a Rolls Royce or a Bentley pull up out front. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the shop-manager go to the door and let two people in, locking the door behind them. When I turned to see who it was, I nearly shat myself - it was Elton John and his manager John Reid. So for the next couple of hours, we were shopping with Elton Friggin' John! He bought the gaudy outfit that he's wearing on yhe "Caribou" album cover. I still have the red-wine colored Kinks-style velvet coat that I bought that day, although it must've shrunk or somethin', as it no longer quite fits. Let me know if you like that one. I got a million of 'em.