Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

Question of the day 04/29/2011

I don't have a tattoo, but there is a particular one I want. If I ever have the body for it, I want that one of the little stick-figure man pushing a lawnmower, you know, in a certain place. ;) Like I said, if I ever get back to my girlish-figure.

Had J not been born a month early, (he would have been a scheduled c-section had things gone to plan), I would have gotten Mr. Pettyhead to draw the tattoo with a sharpie and totally freak out my OB/GYN at one of my last appointments!

I briefly thought of a small tatoo, I liked the "Wildflowers" logo. But my Dr advised against it. I'm diabetic and if it became infected I could possibly lose my arm. That was enough for me.

I don't particularly like tattoos though that much. I think anymore then 1 or 2 looks ghastly. I don't like to see an entire arm or back covered in them. Ugh!

I guess I'm the only wierdo here who loves tattoos!

I have 4 (now) and each one has a story and signifiicance of its own.

1-a ying yang on my collarbone (left side) 1st one that got when i was 18, I guess its my 1st "adult" decision. Also its a symbol of balance close to my heart.

2- a small picture of the earth, on the outside of my left thigh - got it at kind of a turning point in my life - when I thought the world was my oyster.

3 - On my upper back a round flag (well, its a flag, kind of like someone scratched of my skin and a flag is showing through a roundish hole) and a little ribbon that says 9-11-01. I got it because I felt scarred for life, and wanted something on the outside showing that.

4- on the inside of my left ankle, a sort of tribal, colorful pic of an alligator. I got it in 2006 after the Gainseville show, to represent conquering my fear of flying and going to Florida. Its my bravery.

I love tattoos and their stories and their symbolism, and I am not done yet. (Disclaimer - None of my tattoos show when I am dressed for work, and I have no plans of getting any that show all the time.)

I have stretchmarks that scarred my body for life during an unwanted pregnancy at age 22; does that count? My best friend got one for her 40th birthday; I guess that was her midlife crisis. Mine didn't appear until 44, when I shaved my head.

^ No, i don't THINK stretch marks count, AND an unwanted pregnancy at 22 or 40 doesn't count either. Your friend getting a tat at 40 or you at 44 doesn't count as a middle life CRISIS. Wake up girl, life doesn't last forever, you'll never know when it'll all end.

I've often thought of getting a TPATH related tattoo. I might do it some day, who knows. If I do, it won't be generally visible.

I do love tattoos on others, the more the better. One of my employees has full sleeves on both arms and a few on his neck. I think they look great, but I was just told today that the manager in his location does not like them, so I am going to have to ask him to cover them in the office. I hate to do that, but probably it's for the best, I'm sure there are customers that don't appreciate them either.

I don't have any tattoos. My wife wanted me to have one with her name, but I wouldn't do it, in case we got divorced. We'll be married for 34 years this June, but I still won't get that tattoo...you never know...

None here, never had the desire. Out here, that makes me a bit of a renegade.

Lol, Rick and Lizzie.

After we'd been dating awhile, my bf stated how much he hates tattoos - I couldn't help but ask if he checked me out first to see if I had any before making that statement.:rolleyes: