Sign in to follow this  
AndreaRH

New Book About George Harrison By Olivia Harrison

I just read this snippet in one of my publishing industry newsletters. It doesn't specifically mention Tom Petty, but it does mention the Traveling Wilburys. I'm betting this will be a fantastic book to have.

From Publishers Lunch...

Widow Olivia Harrison's LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD: George Harrison, to be edited by Mark Holborn, with a foreword by Martin Scorsese and an introduction by Paul Theroux, drawing on Harrison's personal archive of never-before-seen photographs, letters, diaries, and memorabilia to reveal the full arc of his life, including his guitar-obsessed boyhood in Liverpool, the astonishment of the Beatles years, his days as a solo musician and bohemian country squire, as well as his lifelong commitment to Indian music and his adventures as a movie producer and member of the Traveling Wilburys, plus reminiscences from Harrison's family and friends, among them Eric Clapton, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr, to Eric Himmel at Abrams, for publication in Fall 2011 to coincide with the release of Martin Scorsese's documentary of the same name, by Andrew Wylie of The Wylie Agency.