Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

I won the HCC Buried Treasure Contest!!!

OH MY OH MY!!!

Susan, this is so AWESOME!!! I'm so so happy for you, now you finally get the chance to meet Tom! TOM!! MR. TOM PETTY!!! THE ONE AND ONLY! Can you believe this??? LOL! OMG, you must be so excited! I'm already excited so you must be really really excited! :D When someone we know wins a contest, it's like everyone of us is part of it. So exciting!! You have to tell us everything about it!

Haha, the girl in the video, that could be me! :D I'm sure you stay cool though, Susan! Have a wonderful trip, enjoy every second of it and don't forget to take photos! :)

Btw, when is your date with Tom? :D

@NightDriver, LOL, yeah, maybe he doesn't know or he just needs a little reminder! :D

You represent the BEST of us! I can't tell you how excited I am for you. Yes, I wanted it too but realistically, they made the very right choice! I will be waiting (as will all of us) for all the details! GoldenGirl (aka BahoBabe)

Susan!!!! this is so awesome and exciting!!!!!! Have an awesome time and report back everything!! oh man i can only imagine how excited you are and how you are not gonna sleep at all until after the whole thing ha ha!

Thanks so much, everyone, for your good wishes!

I'm leaving today for a 2-day conference, so that will keep my mind occupied (I hope I can concentrate) for the two days before I leave for LA. I will definitely be posting my story and pictures, hopefully the story on Thursday night if I can get to a computer, otherwise on Saturday when I get back to Wisconsin.

I feel like I'm in Dreamville!!!

I got confirmation of our limousine service yesterday. They'll pick us up at the airport, take us to the radio show taping and bring us back, and bring us back to the airport on Friday night before we fly home. I've never ridden in a limo before!

This is really great news, Susan. (Sorry I'm late, haven't been online too much lately). I am really excited for you. If this is the reason for missing the Knobs - How can you choose Tom before Knobs?? HA HA HA Just kidding :)

I am very happy for you and agree that it is noce to know a fellow farmer won first price!! Enjoy your LA stay. Wish I could come by and help (if needed) but I can't make it to LA until Friday. You'll be just fine, I am sure :003:

I can't wait to hear all about your experience! What a fun trip this will be.

I popped over to the officials yesterday to see if there was news on any of the other winners and it looks like they hadn't even posted your win yet....that I found anyway. The way they do things baffles me sometimes....well, all the time! haha!

I'm going to record the show tomorrow but I will be out of town and won't get to hear it till I get back on Sunday. It will probably be Monday before I can get it for you guys.

Again, have fun Susan!!

I'm askin' the same question Ryan did, "never been in a limo?"....they are sooo much fun, you're gonna have a great time riding in one :D

Again, I'm so happy for you Susan that you get to meet the "man" in person, I'm not even a bit jealous (well, maybe a little, lol)... Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back :)

Susan, if you get to "25 degrees" to eat, it's like a classy diner, when you walk in there are large burgandy colored leather diamond tuffted booths. walk straight ahead and there is a counter with seats that look into the kitchen. as i said before, the burgers are huge, so just get 1 each. if there are 2 of you, just order 1 order of fries, it must be 5 pounds, more than enough for 2 people and they are great. the addy is 7000 Hollywood Blvd at the base of the Roosevelt Hotel. here's a pix if this works:

http://www.thompsonhotels.com/hotels/la/hollywood-roosevelt/eat/25-degrees

Edited by nurktwin
original pix didn't work