Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

Marion's husband, Pete

Here's the update...good news! The scan showed only hairline fractures in his foot and knee. Also there is a little piece of one of his vertebrae that is chipped off. They will give him crutches and she can bring him home today! Could have been so much worse. Here's what happened. Pete was driving a pickup truck and trailer. It's an interstate with 3 lanes in each direction. They were in the far right lane. A large Infiniti SUV came from the left lane all the way over to the right lane and bumped the trailer. It pushed them off of the road and in a u-turn and the truck landed on its Pete's (driver's) side. His friend with him was able to get himself out and by this time the engine was on fire! His friend kept saying, I'm not leaving you here so he started pulling Pete out. A passerby stopped and these two guys pull him up and out of the passenger door/window! His legs were pinned under the dash but they managed to get him out. Another passerby stopped and put the fire out with his cup of Starbucks! Thank you, Starbucks! lol

The Infiniti had a family in it. They have no idea what could have been going on inside the car that he came across 3 lanes and "didn't see" the trailer. The driver was cited for the accident and they are all okay as far as Pete and Marion know.

They both said thank you so much for the love, prayers and good thoughts! She is convinced that pure love from so many friends made this outcome so much better than it could have been. :)

I'll update you when I hear from her again. They should be getting on the road soon.

He was taken to a hospital in Gainesville where apparently there is good MOJO!!

Oh my god. What a terrible accident. I am so sorry to hear this. Poor Pete and what a shock for Marion.

The upside. It is a lot better than it looked like in the first place, Good Mojo and good hospital.

Sending my very best wishes for a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible!! (((Marion and Pete)))

(((Farmers)))) Thank you so much for all of the prayers and well wishes. It brings tears to my eyes to feel all this love. I am positive that is why we have a happy outcome.

Pete is ok and home now resting. I love you guys a lot! Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here is a picture of his poor broken truck. RIP Silverado. You were good to us!

IMG_0360Copy.jpg

It is a miracle! Hug him tight and be greatful for the blessings that come your way. He will be sore and will need some extra TLC for a few days. I am soooooo glad he is okay.

Marion, that picture looks so horrible! I am so glad Pete will be okay. Just some extra rest and some TLC. I was so scared earlier on today. I feared the worst. We all did. Continued good thoughts and vibes going your way tonight and beyond!

Thanks, everyone. Pete is doing pretty good this morning. He's sore from head to toe but he's happy to be home.

Patty, I'm so glad I got a hold of you yesterday morning. Thank you so much for getting the word out. As soon as I told you I felt you all with me. It's amazing how much that means when you are so scared. grouphugg.gif