Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

I cubed up boneless skinless chicken breasts and will put them in a large frying pan with some olive oil and chicken broth to simmer and then add red and green bell peppers and sliced onions til done (onions go in last,they don't take much to cook). I have a couple sweet potatoes that I will slice about 1" thick, coat in olive oil and put on the grill til browned and tender. Lastly, I have extra hot dog buns, so i'll spread butter on them and sprinkle on some dried garlic crystals and some paprika, put them on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350-400 til browned and crispy. And a salad!!

^ Mmmm, Benny and Patty both of your dinners sound delicious! Last night I picked up a quesadilla but I'm going to

cook something tonight for sure. Putting a frozen meal in the oven is cooking, isn't it?

It was a toss-up til a movie came on, I don't know the name of it, but starred Harrison Ford and Gina Heckt (sp?). They were stranded on an island and Harrison cut some palm leaves and covered himself for coverage and used a homemade spear to hunt for food. He saw pheasants and Gina said "you can't kill them, they are one of natures treasurers", Harrison looks at her and said "I hear they taste just like chicken". Next scene is the pheasant on an open fire spit. Harrison cuts off a leg and offers it to Gina and she gobbled it up and said it is delicious and tastes like....Harrison says "chicken". well that did it, now I want chicken. I got out 9 pieces and cleaned them, bone-in breasts, legs and thighs. I decided to just coat them in olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic and maybe some paprika and put them on a rack on a cookie sheet and bake them at 350 in the oven. This way the skin gets a bit crispy compared to roasting it.

Half a grilled chicken breast (couldn't eat the whole thing, they were huge), string bean and tomato salad, with just a drizzle of Olive oil, little balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Dash Italian Medley seasoning, fresh basil, yum!

I'm cooking for my blog, preparing a lot of roasted veggies to go into various meals over the week. So today, it's roasted asparagus with lemon, roasted beets with balsamic & toasted walnuts, chicken. Yum!

Some nice big thick sirloin steaks on the grill. Either baked potatoes, or bake them til almost done and 1/4 them lengthwise, season with olive oil, herbs and spices and finish off on the grill til they get those nice brown crispy grill marks.