Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

Trying something I haven't had in years. My mom used to fry small chicken legs and thighs in a cast iron pan with green and red bell peppers. That's what I'm cooking today wishing my mom was still here to have supper with me. The chicken smells great, can wait to add the bell peppers and get that flavor into the chicken. gonna be eatin' good today. And the house is gonna smell great!!!

Xtra thick pork chops smothered in fried red bell peppers. Side dishes will included sliced zucchini, thin sliced onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil with a touch of hot red pepper flakes. Some kind of Yukon Gold potatoes (baked, fried, grilled, boiled) and a salad with fresh tomatoes from my garden. Oh, almost forgot, garlic bread! And a glass of Concord grape wine made at my friends winery about 1/2 mile from my house, he lives 6 houses away. They make many different wines and are getting pretty big in this area. The winery also has a restaurant and banquet rooms, giant smoker and brick pizza oven imported from Italy. Check it out at the link below. I'll be going there tomorrow to get a new supply of wine!

http://www.luvabella.com/

Don't know yet, maybe slice up and bake some redskin potatoes, add in some broccoli (or asparagus), onions, tomatoes, maybe stop at the grocery store and pick up some peppers too, orange or red, bake it, , toss on some spicy sauce and some veggie sausages. Or just make potatoes and add on a marinara sauce and some veggie "meat"balls. We shall see.

OK, I've heard of this for years, but never tried it until yesterday. I made pork ribs in the oven with a lidded roaster. I put rack in bottom of roaster and added water to keep ribs moist, but out of water. NOW, for the BBQ sauce. I took a sauce pan and boiled down a can of Root Beer til it was syrup, then lowered heat and added Open Pit BBQ sauce and let simmer. When the ribs were done, I poured the hot Root Beer BBQ sauce over them and they were fantastic. I'll definitely make that again. I'll also try the same sauce recipe with Coca Cola instead of Root Beer. Give it a try, you'll like it!

Sooooooooooooo, what are you having to eat today? I'm just making a simple thick burgers that was mixed with bell peppers and formed into oval patties that can be eaten on a hoagie roll or sausage roll, or even a large Hamburger bun. Also can just cut and eat with a steak knife like a steak. Stay in the house and have a great night. Check out my new post today in "R&R Drive In" it's the 4 hour video of Tom Petty's "Running Down A Dream" movie. Watch it while it's still available. Take care my friends!

6 hours ago, nurktwin said:

Sooooooooooooo, what are you having to eat today?

Buyer's regret. Didn't feel like cooking, got some pizza but it was overcooked, cheese browned, crust a bit burnt. Oh well. The other day I did have a tremendously tasty lentil stew but I did not make that either. Tomorrow I shall cook.

ciao