Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

Was supposed to have a cookout with BBQ chicken for my daughters boyfriends birthday today, but she never called back last night to confirm it, so I didn't take anything out of the freezer to defrost. Turns out he had a golf outing today, so maybe tomorrow. So now I'm just gonna have a weenie roast!! BTW, if you have a sam's club near you try "Smith's Hot Dogs", made in Erie, PA. They are the old fashion dogs with natural casing that snaps with each bite. they are made with 92-94% lean beef and pork and come in 2-3 pound packages and all the dogs are strung together. They were $6.50 a pound when I 1st tried them, but the price has come down to either $3.50 or $4.50 a pound since then, still expensive for a tube steak, but they are the best I've ever had. We don't eat many dogs, so the 20 or so dogs in a pack last us quite awhile.

For breakfast, a 2 egg omelet with onions, bell pepper, cheese, salsa, chips. Hot tea.

For lunch, potluck at the Community Supported Agriculture farm during the annual garlic harvest party.

For dinner? Not sure yet.

Had fantastic dinner last night. We rotisseried a lemon chicken on the bbq, which we ate with a tomato (from the garden), cucumber and feta salad, along with a freshly baked rosemary/sundried tomato and olive bread, covered in garlic butter. Later on we ate fresh baked raspberry and peach pie. It was GOOD!

I will eat leftovers from yesterday for dinner tonight, because it was so good. Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara and soy "meat". Can't wait to see what veggies I find at the store to go with it. And I will also have a green salad.

For lunch I'm going to eat some fresh peas I cooked yesterday (purple hulls and creamers) along with some brown rice. Can't wait because those peas are so good! Again, need to get some fresh veg to go with that.