Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

Went to an Italian restaurant up in Laguna Beach with an (Italian) friend last night. It was DELICIOUS! Just had spaghetti bolognase (sp?) but the tomato sauce was fresh and delicious, and warm sourdough bread with real butter. And, a glass of chianti. Some people had campfires going on the beach and the scene was really pretty.

Tonight I'll have the leftovers!

Oh Barb, that makes me sad I'll be missing Ape's show. I'll be at San Elijo SB in a couple weeks, though.

I bought some Greek Olives at the farmer's market yesterday that weren't up to their usual standard, so I sliced them, and saute'd them with garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, etc and served it over what I found out was the last of my spaghettini. I never run out of that!

Anyway, creamy cheesecake for dessert later, and I tried making pickled ginger today. It has to stay in the fridge for nearly a week before it's ready. :icon_arrow: The little packets that come with sushimi are never enough.

Hubby baked a canned ham last week, so I've been having pieces of that, with pineapples and pickles. We're trying to clear out the fridge before heading to Georgia in the next ten days or so, so this might get pretty weird!