Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

I had a Mediterranean Veggie Platter - hummus, tabouleh, and babaganoush w/pita bread. I have never had babaganoush and really wanted to like babaganoush because it's fun to say. But, apparently, babaganoush is ground up eggplant. I didn't like babaganoush. :( Everything else was yummy.

^Babaganoush...blech! I just always substitute more hummus.

I had a spinach and feta pita with a Greek village salad and some lentil soup. Ugh, I ate too much, but it sure was good!

I cooked up some Peanut Noodle Salad to take on my trip tomorrow. Mmmmm....

I was going to try out a biriyani recipe, but ran out of time, so I 'made' hamburger patties and twice baked potatoes from Omaha Steaks, and green beans with golden raisins.

Tomorrow I will try the biriyani and raita.

Today is the first day of my parent's 50th anniversary celebration weekend. I am making Asian glazed salmon, spinach salad with oranges, almonds and honey dressing, saut├ęd vegetables and brown rice.

when we were shopping last week the WD picked up a pack of thin sliced sirloin steaks that she thought would be great for quick fried steak sandwiches. when we got home, i noticed they were sirloin tip steaks (a bit tougher than center cut top sirloin) and they were too thick for a sandwich. so i'm cutting them into strips across the grain and going to fry them in a little bit of olive oil with sliced bell peppers and onions. could eat plain, put on buns or bread for a sandwich or even use for fajita's.

Having a caprese (sp?) sandwich left over from my daughter's baby shower this afternoon. So much delicious stuff but so much left over!

Luckily, the girl that gave the party is taking all the left overs to work tomorrow.

Dang! I need to put that on my TJs shopping list. Is it frozen?

Leftovers+ night for me: A friend gave me some chard and collard greens from her garden which I steamed, and I heated up some garlic and onion in olive oil, added left over asparagus, some mini heirloom tomatoes that were beginning to shrivel, and tossed in leftover spaghettini. Sprinkled on Romano cheese and basil, and splashed it with balsamic vinegar because of the greens.

Now I have enough left over from that for another meal!

Dang! I need to put that on my TJs shopping list. Is it frozen?

Yes, it's frozen Marcia. It's called "Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese". I picked up a

bunch when they were on sale a couple of weeks ago but I like it so much

I'd pay full price.

I cooked it in the oven (not microwave) and topped it with lots of chiopped

tomatoes and black pepper. So delicious! I highly recommend!

(I love simple, single-person stuff).