Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

Trying something I haven't had in years. My mom used to fry small chicken legs and thighs in a cast iron pan with green and red bell peppers. That's what I'm cooking today wishing my mom was still here to have supper with me. The chicken smells great, can wait to add the bell peppers and get that flavor into the chicken. gonna be eatin' good today. And the house is gonna smell great!!!

Xtra thick pork chops smothered in fried red bell peppers. Side dishes will included sliced zucchini, thin sliced onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil with a touch of hot red pepper flakes. Some kind of Yukon Gold potatoes (baked, fried, grilled, boiled) and a salad with fresh tomatoes from my garden. Oh, almost forgot, garlic bread! And a glass of Concord grape wine made at my friends winery about 1/2 mile from my house, he lives 6 houses away. They make many different wines and are getting pretty big in this area. The winery also has a restaurant and banquet rooms, giant smoker and brick pizza oven imported from Italy. Check it out at the link below. I'll be going there tomorrow to get a new supply of wine!

http://www.luvabella.com/

Don't know yet, maybe slice up and bake some redskin potatoes, add in some broccoli (or asparagus), onions, tomatoes, maybe stop at the grocery store and pick up some peppers too, orange or red, bake it, , toss on some spicy sauce and some veggie sausages. Or just make potatoes and add on a marinara sauce and some veggie "meat"balls. We shall see.