Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Meal of the day

I usually have steak on Sundays, medium-rare, pan fried in butter and mushrooms. YUM! I don't eat it when I have to work at night; doesn't digest well when I have all that postal nonsense to deal with.

I roasted a 6 pound beef rump roast for 1 1/2 hours (not quite done yet) and took it out and sliced it. Put the slices back in the roaster and just covered with beef broth. About 1 hour before we decide to eat, I'll peel and 1/4 potatoes and lay them on top of the beef and season with salt, pepper and some parsley. In an hour the beef will finish off and the potatoes should be browned and ready to eat. I'll probably make a Romaine lettuce and tomato salad to go with it, and maybe some garlic bread.

We roasted a chicken in the rotisserie. It had a homegrown onion and rosemary inside of it and oven roasted homegrown potatoes with garlic and more rosemary. Also had homegrown tomato slices with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and homegrown basil. Guess if I raised chickens, it would have been 100% homegrown on these 6 acres. lol

Yumm, Nurk...had some on the Boardwalk last night! :)

Seems I am hungry alot now!! After our run, I will cut up some skinless chicken breasts (yes, still eating chicken...trying to stop) get some home-grown basil....garlic chives....chop up some mushrooms....we have some small cherry tomatoes coming (a new one, I started....called chocolate (something) have to look for the seed packet... variety!!) boil some pasta....might skip the parmesan cheese, though....