Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

of the Day - 03/19/11

Which biopic do you prefer: 'Ray' or 'Walk The Line'?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which biopic do you prefer: 'Ray' or 'Walk The Line'?

• Ray
    • Walk The Line
    • Neither
    • I did not see either film

I really enjoyed Ray - Jamie Fox was totally convincing as Ray Charles. WtL, on the other hand was much better than I expected, but Jaquin Phoenix was only playing the character of Johnny Cash. I don't know what the difference is.

Liked them both. Chose Walk the Line because the Ray Charles movie sort of made me like him less as a person for the way he treated women....but I have always LOVED his music. Sometimes it is best not to know so much about the artist.

I said neither. I barely remember Ray. And normally I would have said Walk The Line (not like it was the greatest movie or anything, I just love the Johnny Cash story), but Rosanne Cash has said many times she does not like it because it oversimplified the pain her father's career and her parents' split caused their family.

I guess that's what I don't like about "based on true story" stories, they really don't tell the truth. Some things are left out or downplayed and other things are way over-dramatized, just to sell a movie.

I chose and liked Ray more because I think it went to the dark side of the artist more than Walk The Line did. I loved both movies and I really enjoyed Walk The Line however I am in sync with Rosanne Cash in that I believe the movie over-simplified and prettied up the impact of Johnny's career and life choices... I wanted more of the darkness.