Sign in to follow this  
brandonwood20

Live at the Rat 1973

Hey all. I'm not sure how to upload pictures but I was just at my friendly record store and found a copy of Mudcrutch Live at the Rat 1973. I was surprised to see it on Reprise records label. Is the '71 bootleg out there in this form? I mean, with the cover similar to the Extended Play?

Anyways, I hope the picture shows up. I'm super excited!

post-726-139450400578_thumb.jpg

Yeah it's cool. But I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these before? They must be out there somewhere. I'm going to call and see if the 1971 Mudcrutch bootleg got put on cd too. I would like to have that one as well.

What's the exact line up for Mud at this time? Seems like Mike, Tom, Randall, and Tom. I didn't listen close enough yet to know if Ben is on it. Ben isn't on the cover...

The 1971 bootleg came from someone's closet. C-Line bought that boot on tape on Ebay years ago. I believe it was put up for auction by a well know Gainesville reporter. I was the one who converted the tape to wav file. It's probably way wrong as I was new at it back then but I love the sound.

That Rat boot sounds official. Isn't Reprise the record company who put out this lastest Mudcrutch cd? How does it sound?

reprise records was actually founded by frank sinatra in 1961, and later bought by warner brothers. i have many singles on that label from dean martin to the kinks. when you read the link below, you'll see Mo Ostin mentioned, he was a good friend of George Harrison and was instrumental in the Wilburys recordings. Mo was also at Camp Wilbury while they recorded in 1990, and in the extended (bootleg) version of the dvd, you'll hear george thank Mo for everything as Mo leaves the house. here's a short history of Reprise Records and some of their artists.

http://www.repriserec.com/reprise.html

It really seems official. No liner notes but pictures. I called my record store to see if they can find the '71 bootleg too. He said it will be a bit till "their guy" comes in. If I can get the '71 boot I will let you all know. Perhaps I can figure out where they are coming from.

It sounds like a bootleg from 73 (pretty flat sounding). You can hear the drunk guys whooping it up. One thing that's cool is it seems to be the whole show. They didn't cut out the parts between the songs so you can hear Tom talking to the crowd!

Someone sings 3 of the songs that's not Tom. Tom Leadon left the band by then right? So, who else would sing? Would it be Danny Roberts?

Here is the show from 1971 as I got it and I made up the names for the songs. Actually, I think Jim Lenahan told me the name of the second one. I think it's charming as hell. You all should listen to the whole thing including the chatter between songs. They are too cute!

Mudcrutch

University Auditorium

Gainesville, FL - 1971

1 Don't Send Me Letters

2 Between Here and Arizona

3 Up In Mississippi

4 Honkytonkitous

5 Mudcrutch Jam

6 Isn't It A Pity

7 Please Come Home Sweetheart

8 Please Come Home Sweetheart

http://www.mudcrutch.com/marion/Mudcrutch_University_ Auditorium_ 1971.zip

Got home a little while ago, and just finished listening to this Mudcrutch prize. Wow! Marion, another job well done! The sound is beautiful! I sure wish they would have done "Between Here and Arizona" when they did the tour. Great song!

Thank you so much! You are a treasure!!

Got home a little while ago, and just finished listening to this Mudcrutch prize. Wow! Marion, another job well done! The sound is beautiful! I sure wish they would have done "Between Here and Arizona" when they did the tour. Great song!

Thank you so much! You are a treasure!!

I agree, Sharon. What a beautiful song that is. I love it. I'm listening to it again right now. :heart: