Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs with the KGB (Kyle Gass Band) Imperial Ballroom 01/15/11

Everyone is hitting the road and or flights today. Expect more later, and or Monday when most will be home and settled.

I just want to say, the show was AWESOME!! Lots of new songs and some favorites. Just a great night.

Thank you SO much, Mike, Jason, Lance and Matt! You rock my world. :heart:

A BIG thank you to Mr. Nathan Fawley, who makes this all possible.

Also, a shout out to Mr. Peter Stroud, who is such a gentleman and great musician.

:)

Thanks, Linda...

Safe flights and travel to all going back home.

I was thinking of those Knobs rockin all my friends out! Look forward to all the photos and stories.

I did see a pic of Jason and he sure looked handsome in that suit!!

Love those Knobs!! :heart:

Same here got in in just now... (and straight to the computer)..

Linda. THANK YOU !!!!

And Thank you to the musicians last night. Mike, Jason, Matt, Lance, Peter Stroud and KGB!! They were both great anf fun.

All my friends. It is always wonderful to see you :):)

Alrighty, here are some pictures from Saturday night. I didn't use the flash that much, so some of the pictures have some weird color tints. I also had to deal with tall people in front of me, so I couldn't really get pictures of the other guys.

mc2.jpg

Mike and the Candy Apple Red Fender Jaguar.

mc3.jpg

mc4.jpg

The cool pass they gave out at the door.

mc5.jpg

Peter Stroud joins for the last song.

mc_ps.jpg

I wish Peter would have gone up earlier in the night. At the 2009 show, Peter, Dave Rawlings, Darian Campbell, and Marc Ford all went up to jam. I think Phil Jones was there that night too.

Songs I remember:

All She Wrote

Route 66

Feed the Snake

Goldfinger + surf medley (some Blue Jay Way, James Bond, Apache)

Loaded Gun

It is pretty rare. I remember him playing with them on February 25th, 2008 at the Joint in Santa Monica. That was the night Benmont showed up too. Darian has also opened for Mike before at Cozy's with Romeo Delta.

joint_feb08_dc.jpg

joint_feb08_ben.jpg

The moment I took this picture, Benmont was playing the organ part of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" from Abbey Road. It was awesome.

Loved the show! I just LOVED KGB! They were so entertaining. It was great to see a bunch of Farmer friends and especially to meet Normandi and his gorgeous wife! It's always fun to meet new people.

I didn't take any pictures so I'll leave that to the others.

But according to the set-list that a friend got, there was a song titled "Don't Touch My Junk". LOLOL

The show was amazing, as always. Thanks Knobs!!! :D

And thanks to Linda of course.

They had a lot of new stuff. The set list according to the one they were using on stage was:

All She Wrote

Mississippi Slim

Town Without Pity

Coon Hound

Chains of Love

Little Irish Girl

One More Time

Goldfinger/Appache

Rattlesnake Fang

Mean As a Monkey

Don't Touch My Junk

Walking Shoes

Feed the Snake

Encore:

Wanna Go Bad

Loaded Gun

Mike seemed to be in a really good mood that night and was joking a lot on stage. Note: There really isn't any Knob keychains. He lied. The other Knobs had NO idea what Mike was going on about...I'm a bit disappointed by that.

It was great seeing so many Farmers!!! :heart:

^ I cannot believe you were there and I did not get to meet you! :(

Sorry about that! Elysa got there a little late and no time to really mingle, AND it appears we missed out on the cool passes as well.

Excellent pictures by everyone! And yes Mike was in a very fun mood!! I was wondering what he was talking about when he was going on about the keychains because you could tell the band was like, "We have keychains?!" ha ha ha!!! And I loved Jason's suit. I wonder where he got it cause he looked sharp.

He seemed to be in a really good mood that night and was joking a lot on stage. Note: There really isn't any Knob keychains. He lied. The other Knobs had NO idea what Mike was going on about...I'm a bit disappointed by that.

Yeah, I told Kianna after the show I was pretty sure that was a joke. Trying to raise money for Matt to get him braces so he'd smile more. LOL!!!

They used to have knob keychains. They were so cool.

I loved the show. Many thanks to Mike, Jason, Matt and Lance for a great evening of fun. The music was amazing as always.

Thank you Nathan and Linda for making it happen.

It was so nice to see everyone again.