Sign in to follow this  
ShamanKing10

Just a question about Steve?

Well, he's in the rock and roll hall of fame as a heartbreaker. I see him as a heartbreaker. I also see a closeness between the guys that goes beyond the name. Maybe he's a little quieter than the others. He came to fill in and has stayed ~20 years. That speaks for itself.

I think it is 25 years after your first album release--you are eligible. In 2002 when the band was inducted, Steve had only been in the band a few years so he couldn't have been inducted as a Heartbreaker when the rest of the guys were. Ron and Stan made it in because they were there at the beginning. I really don't know how Howie was eligible, but he was also inducted.

In any case, Steve is a great drummer and a great guy with a GREAT smile! :)

I think it is 25 years after your first album release--you are eligible. In 2002 when the band was inducted, Steve had only been in the band a few years so he couldn't have been inducted as a Heartbreaker when the rest of the guys were. Ron and Stan made it in because they were there at the beginning. I really don't know how Howie was eligible, but he was also inducted.

In any case, Steve is a great drummer and a great guy with a GREAT smile! :)

^Hey, I wasn't saying Howie wasn't a talented bass player! I'm glad he was inducted! I was just saying that I don't the rules on how he got inducted. The Rock Hall makes it very clear that 25 years after an album release you are eligible--beyond that, it is sort of vague.