Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Rock The Dogs! Mike & Marcie Campbell's 12 Days Of Christmas

165509_188174247866128_145688525448034_768951_5369769_n.jpg

Merry Christmas! My name is Sally Campbell! Yes I am the last, but not least Campbell doggy! I have the most tragic story that has a happy ending so Christmas Day was saved just for me. We hope you are enjoying a great holiday with your family. I am a Rock The Dogs success story! I was found by animal control tied to a tree, skinny, scared with wire wrapped around my snout so I could not do what Bloodhounds do best, bay. I had a tumor hanging from my tummy the size of a grapefruit and was used and abused for breeding puppies so I was not spayed. I was left tied to this tree exposed all day to the elements cold and hot, with no shelter at all and with no food or water for me. I was afraid of people at first and would not let anyone touch my face. The first sign I was meant to be a Campbell was my rescue date was the same as my Mom Marcie's Birthday! Animal control contacted Tazzy (RTD) and told them I was not doing well in the shelter and would be put down for sure. When RTD heard about me they sent Darian on a 15 hour round trip drive to come and get me. When I made it to LA I was scared. The next day Darian gave me what was probably the first bath I had ever had in my whole 4 years. I did not like it but he took his time and gave me lots of love. Next I met my Dad Mike! I remember he said wow, she is so sweet I wish we could keep her ( little did he know :). My surgery was scheduled and I recuperated quickly and enjoyed playing with all the other dogs who are now my family. I am not sure exactly when it happened but Mom and I bonded and that was it! I became a Campbell. I sit in the front seat with my SASHA car harness my Mom sells and I am her co-pilot! She spent many days and nights giving me kisses and I would growl at her, she never gave up on me showing me that I could trust her love and I slowly did now I love all those kisses! I hear them say I could win an award for the worst slobber ever! I am sure that is a good thing!

My surgery was successful and I am a happy healthy girl today! Again thank you from all of the Campbell family for your support with our efforts to improve life for dogs in need of rescue, we love you all and look forward to a very successful New Year!

^ Wow, that made me cry. But, it's happy tears now!

Thank you SO much to the Tazzy Fund, Rock The Dogs and to the Campbell family for sharing with us.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

:heart:

Me too. Poor baby.

I am so grateful to be part of this community where people really care in so many ways. Tazzy, RTD and the Campbell Family - Thank You !!

Merry Christmas to you all (again )

I Love It!! It looks like one of the bloodhounds have a special collar, maybe he's not as leash trained yet? Just a guess..

It doesn't appear that it's a training collar (ie. head-collar or no-pull harness where the leash attaches in front) but rather just a reinforced harness. A dog that large would probably snap a regular collar if she decided to take off quickly. However, that's not a very sturdy leash. My 90 lb lab could snap that in a split second if he saw something he wanted to chase.

It could be that the dog was abused in her former life and has tracheal or oesophageal damage from a choke chain and they don't want to exacerbate it with a regular collar. Just my two cents. :003: