Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Rock The Dogs! Mike & Marcie Campbell's 12 Days Of Christmas

Whatever it is - it is not important, just my brain working some overtime. I love the photo and the caring persons in it very much! :):)

Oh, I know. I take a special interest in their cause as well since I worked with rescue dogs for several years. I helped with temperament testing to determine what special needs the dogs might have had. People who adopt adult/senior dogs with special needs are angels!! :041:

^ This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Here at my apartment complex you're allowed to have one pet. I already have my kitty Anna. But I'm going to talk to the manager about getting permission for a dog, too.

This is a very dog-friendly place. Lots of the residents have them.

I'll wait till summer when I have time off to spend with a new little boy or girl. I HOPE they say yes!!!

I totally agree. My heart aches when I see a senior left in a pound for any reason. Like they are no longer useful.. These good ole guys have so much love to give and deserve a good loving home when their eyes and joints might give in...

It is heartbreaking though. I came home crying every day for the animals I couldn't help. I wanted to bring them all home with me. I am realistic, however, about how many I can take in. Right now, we have 2 dogs and a cat - I posted some photos of on my profile today. All of them require special (expensive) food and our senior lab, Bogie, has such terrible allergies that he requires shots and regular visits to the veterinary dermatologist. They are all so wonderful though....I look at them sometimes and wonder how someone could have thrown them away like garbage. *sigh*

Edited by HoosierMama