Sign in to follow this  
Sweet Little Queen

Heart Breaker - big article about Howie -Milwaukee Magazine -- November 22, 2010

good write up normandi. i agree with you, no one knows for sure what really happens, you can't believe the tabloids!! i've been lucky and have see TPATH many times with Howie. the 1st time i went to "the gorge" to see them, a very good friend brought me inside and to the stage 4 hours before anyone was even allowed in. we talked and i asked for a favor and wanted TPATH to autograph my RIC 360/12 George Harrison guitar. he asked "do want just tom's signature or the whole band"? i thought a minute and said the whole band. he joked with me and said "i'm sorry dude, they won't sign anything", then turned over the blank pickguard and said "JUST KIDDING". and there it was, all the bands signatures including howie's. i almost fell over!!! i still have that and will never part with it, so don't ask.

Good article, but the writer seems to think without Howie, Del Shannon, would've made a comeback......if you read about him, he had his own demons to deal with.

It almost sounds like Howie's getting blamed for Del's suicide, and it also sounds like

Tom is getting blamed to for taking Howie, when both Tom and Howie were making a career move. I don't think anyone can prevent another person from harming theirselves, be it drugs or drink, it has to come from within, some people find it, some never do. Stan does come off nice, but then again he agreed to talk to the writer, Tom doesn't so he gets painted as uncaring. Maybe he doesn't think he needs to talk about Howie's death anymore ( he's already done it in interviews, documentaries, etc. ) .