Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

10,368 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2016 at 7:18 AM, Nel said:

w

We did it!

Although I was rooting for Cleveland, the Cubs definitely won it fair and square. Congrats to the Cubs and the city of Chicago!

Holy Christ.  What hell hath God wrought!  First, we gain "president" Trump. And, now we've lost Leonard Cohen. 

^ I had a vision.. of Len, thinking, that at 82.. after what for most part was a good life, with most of the good energy in all the right places.. what good could possibly come from the next 4 years.. and while waiting for a peaceful 86, in what suddenly turned from bad to a downright bottomless hole of greed, egoism and stupidity, truly seemed a grim and unfair proposition for an old man, the only way was an "early" exit.. God bless him for all his love and wisdom through the years and may God help all the rest of us, too young to give up breath quite yet and too poor to leave for another planet..

Perhaps he said it best himself, just recently - "You Want It Darker" - Well - that's what we got. We just got a sort of democratically elected Lex Luthor to solve our problems, at the same time as all the real life Supermen are leaving one by one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed. I'm scared to death. 

Nel likes this

pondering whether wrapping paper is to be consider rock'n'roll kosher, or if I should stick to my guns, only to yet again have my senses mashed.............

On January 21, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Shelter said:

thus the new dark ages begins.... :(

Cheer up Shelter. Remember the Y2K event that never happened...things are painted worse than they appear sometimes.

Let's hope for the best!

As Neil Young sang and Pearl Jam covered, "...keep on rockin' in the free world!"

cheers

20 hours ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Cheer up Shelter. Remember the Y2K event that never happened...things are painted worse than they appear sometimes.

Let's hope for the best!

As Neil Young sang and Pearl Jam covered, "...keep on rockin' in the free world!"

cheers

sorry if I am the first one to tell you this, but unlike Y2K this one already "happened". eager  to solve very modern problems with very Y1K methods. not to be like that... but.. "hoping for the best" is kinda what got us all this. "for good men to do nothing", as always, that's all it takes. democracy is not about preventing a monkey from masturbating - although, now it may seem like kinda it is. it's about us all, and about the future. in this case the 21st century. most of all it's about not allowing someone with a trigger happy mind hitting self destruct  on all of us, for all the wrong reasons imaginable - including being very childish, very narrowminded and very very misinformed about the ways of this world. not to mention being very dangerous around explosives. and twitter. and people.

nah. scratch all that. it IS about preventing that monkey touching himself actually.

of course I don't need to tell you this. but apparently too many people need to be reminded that you don't cause a headache with plague. but frankly, depressing as it is. we all got what we deserved for our smugness. the question the  goons now have to ask themselves is: was it worth it? 

Yeah.. Neil is right. Although, like Bob said: "have you seen Dignity?". 

I understand where you're coming from (I think) but I just feel that the country trundles on regardless and while the situation is different from Y2K, that was another thing  built up to be something terrible and turned out to be nothing after all. Fear mongering and all that.

Now I can't wait to get back to a good set list discussion. ;)

cheers

On 1/24/2017 at 4:29 PM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I understand where you're coming from (I think) but I just feel that the country trundles on regardless and while the situation is different from Y2K, that was another thing  built up to be something terrible and turned out to be nothing after all. Fear mongering and all that.

Now I can't wait to get back to a good set list discussion. ;)

cheers

Well. Given various cut backs and eliberate dim-outs that already has hit the ground running, and granted whatever will be left of human rights, rule of law and status of science - that is whatever room there will be for actual facts and transparency, for heart and mind - by all means, trundle along! I’m just upset cause apparently, democracy isn’t more important to people than their right to vote for it to be abolished. How's that for a random thought.

You do have a point though. We still have the right to discuss setlists. And until that right is taken from me, I’m probably gonna keep on arguing for all the good, for all involved, that comes from a bit of mixing it up. J

so.. on top of all else.. now the immature twitter führer that was elected (pride cannot not be the word for THAT) wants to cancel NEA.

so much for democracy and culture in our time.