63 Tele

Prayers for Tom Petty - 1950-2017

A very confusing evening. In the UK no news at all. I've been posting my thoughts, the whole world has so this one is a bit confusing. Off to bed now. Maybe tomorrow i can wake to some better news. A better Tuesday. I will surely be playing Tom's music and enjoying Buried Treasure.

Stay positive everyone.

"the LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertently provided to some media sources. However, the LAPD has no investigative role in this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience in this reporting.

Having been at the last 3 shows at the Hollywood Bowl and a huge fan I can only pray for his family that this is in fact not totally accurate. Tom continued to produce great music way beyond when he could have hung the guitar on the wall and lived off his previous works. His 40th tour showed that he always put his fans first. I can say first hand that he showed no signs of fatigue in LA and looked totally relaxed for the shows at the Bowl. I saw them locally in St. Paul on June 3rd and the shows at the bowl were fantastic, truly outstanding. They all (The Heartbreakers) seemed so happy to be home and it certainly showed. If the news is indeed true I was certainly blessed to see him those nights. My sincere condolences go out not only to his family and his granddaughter in particular (he mentioned wanting to spend more time with her in an interview prior to the tour) but also to his fellow band members which have truly been a family to Tom for these many years.

I pray that Tom is still with us so that his family has some well deserved time with someone who has given so much to so many. It is long overdue for them. It would be hard to argue that there has been a more hard working musician who truly put his heart into everything he did. 

http://uproxx.com/music/tom-pettys-daughter-slams-rolling-stone-annakim-violette-slams/
One hour ago (like 7:30 EST) seems to be the most recent update. 
Looks like Annakim is in the hospital. I hope there are more updates soon, but I'm not incredibly positive. 
I can't believe how much of a #$%^&^%$ this reporting has been... 
She cussed out Rolling Stone for prematurely announcing his death (and relying on a false, now retracted LAPD account), and for having crappy tabloid journalism (Thanks Annakim; I totally agree and quit subscribing years ago). 
I am a bit confused as to why LAPD reported this. Tom lives in Malibu, unless he was in LAPD's jurisdiction when it happened?

11 minutes ago, billy the kid said:

Definitely shocked me heck still in shock still can't listen to any songs my prayers are with him and the family 

I can't either. Too painful and sad. 

This just keeps playing in my head

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free

Don't want to believe it but also scared to let my heart open up for more disappointment.😞 Kept saying since the last tour I made it to years ago I would catch the next one and life happened and I missed out, so blessed I made it to the shows I did but heart broken that I missed this last one since I assumed there would always be a next show, a next tour, a next album. 

A friend of mine mentioned how brain death is determined. There are lots of tests to determine and clarify the condition of a patient's brain. Although Tom is physically alive and in critical condition, it may take a day or two before we hear any news regarding his brain condition. This will likely also have to be verified by a second doctor. 
http://surgery.med.miami.edu/laora/clinical-operations/brain-death-diagnosis

3 minutes ago, fan4petty said:

This just keeps playing in my head

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free

Don't want to believe it but also scared to let my heart open up for more disappointment.😞 Kept saying since the last tour I made it to years ago I would catch the next one and life happened and I missed out, so blessed I made it to the shows I did but heart broken that I missed this last one since I assumed there would always be a next show, a next tour, a next album. 

Those are the exact lines that have been playing in my head all day, too. 

2 hours ago, Mudcrutch said:

I apologize for sending out the email that reported the INCORRECT CBS & LAPD update but I sincerely thought it was legitimate. Once again TMZ comes through as the FACTUAL news source.

You meant well and it seemed legitimate. I posted the Rolling Stone article, it happens.

Hi all... 

Like everyone here I am floored and praying for a miracle. Tom has been a part of my life since I was a teenager. I’m praying for Tom and his family. 

I’ve been listening to his music and watching some videos. I watched the Walls video and it gave me chills.

Tears in my eyes.