63 Tele

Prayers for Tom Petty - 1950-2017

Tom, thank you for the music and the joy of seeing you and the band live 11 times. 11 of the best nights of my life. From first seeing the mtv video for MJLD back in 94 and through the following 23 years the music has sustained me on bad days, elevated me higher on good days and after the TV series Happy Days really deepened my love of and fascination with America. Thanks to Tom and the band I got to New York..LA..Red Rocks..Tampa, West Palm Beach and many other stop offs along the way..it was the band and Tom who gave me the impetus to travel in America...and the best decision I ever made was to book my ticket to the Marquee circus tent in Cork in June 2012 after being bowled over by my first experience of the band live in Dublin earlier that night. Cork in 2012..a small venue where I got there early to squeeze up to the sixth row..I got the nod and smile from Tom when he came on stage..I'll never forget it. Rest easy Tom and thank you for the music. It will live on in my heart always. Thoughts and prayers for Toms family and those who knew him best. Words aren't enough...I'm devastated. 

Whoa! So upset. Love the music, so many, many hours listening to Buried Treasure on my ipod, so much fun, so inspirational, so funny. 

Royal Albert Hall 2012, one of the very live shows i've ever seen. I'd waited for years to see him come to the UK. A precious memory.

Cannot believe this news. Heartbroken! R.I.P. Tom :(

Just now, Shelter said:

This is just so unreal, the timing so uncanny.. not that it could ever be good timing.. but despite all talks of health, in no way was I prepared for this.. just.. went kinda dark here..

Went from ranting about set lists to discussing what we'd hope for from the band...I don't know.

I fear my heart is broken. I awoke to the tragic news of the terrible events of yesterday piling onto the suffering already underway for so many in this world. My heart was already heavy and now this. I am praying for all of Tom's family, all of the Heartbreakers and their families, all of the dear friends who make up that family, and all of us who shared the love of Tom and the Heartbreakers music. My heart aches for all of you. R.I.P. Tom. 😢

1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.