Sign in to follow this  
Caruso65

Will there be a live release?

^ Right. We don't know the inner workings at all. We just know the result thereof. And we have opinions. Right.

As for the question, like I've implied I think so too! Although I think it's a treacherous path to thread, making it one that counts. We can all just take our opinions and hope for the best.

Talking about a potential live album leads to talking about the contents of said album.

Some will be quite pleased with the set list as is, a good one or two-disc live concert or a mix from different shows. Others, understandably have no interest in an official live album from this tour as it's gone thus far; things could still become more varied however slim the odds.

For myself, I'll enjoy some of  the extended sequences in songs as well as the good sound quality. But as a live album, if one is released, based on what they've done so far, ranks down towards the bottom of the pile for my taste.

Returning to the original question, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a final tour document, be it live album and/or DVD.

cheers

There is a video on you tube, Tom is in a guitar store, some of you may have seen it.

Anyway, Tom is jamming with a younger guy who is having fun and Tom suddenly stops and

says "that's all you are getting from me for free". Not the Tom I am used to.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

There is a video on you tube, Tom is in a guitar store, some of you may have seen it.

Anyway, Tom is jamming with a younger guy who is having fun and Tom suddenly stops and

says "that's all you are getting from me for free". Not the Tom I am used to.

Look, I like to beat on Tom for becoming the thing he rallied against for so long but I know what video you're talking about and he clearly said it in jest. Norm's Rare Guitars: 

7 hours ago, martin03345 said:

Look, I like to beat on Tom for becoming the thing he rallied against for so long but I know what video you're talking about and he clearly said it in jest. Norm's Rare Guitars: 

Maybe it was in jest, but I'm not certain.

That old thing. So all that is obviously just goofing around. Not sure how any of it has any bearing on whether or not there will be a live release coming up, or what it says about TP's character really.

First reaction may be that he even allow someone to film him speaks to his credit as humble and mortal. Then again, second thought imply it is obviously a setup display, decided upon in the moment, talked through (at best) and just shot - as a spontaneous commercial for the place. If anything it speaks og Norm's business mind. ("I like hip hop too!!") Again, TP agreeing to be part of such - especially given the total loser, douche style of anxious mr cool Norm Jr there - may speak to TPs credit as a generous and nice guy. I would not want to be seen all over YouTube with THAT guy without getting showered in money (and guitars), and I'm not even half famous. In short, from what it seem to mean on the surface I totally understand TP here, I would just want to take my Mr Perfectionist sensibility and disappear from camera, from the room of chuckling idiots (and one seemingly innocent, overly self conscious and shy guitar player that may have deserved a more worthy meeting with TP than this.) Fast.

Which leads me to my last thought, though, why this thing even happened in the first place: That "oh it's not for free..." comment m-a-y be key here, as sneaky as TP's remark by your understanding. It may actually mean "hey! we give you free stuff all the time, that cost us riches, just cause your famous mr rock star, and you can't play around more than t-h-a-t in my low budget thing here, come on dude..."

That too open up can of worms in terms of who is scratching the back of whom in this supposedly street cred packed piece of shit. I'd prefer to not think about what such clips say about anything, how accidental or spontaneous and fun they are in the first place. Hey, I'm your nr 1 sceptic here, your nr 1 enemy of greed and selling out... remember? But I wouldn't make the connection between this and TP's actual stand on business... and even less connect it to a potential live release, that are bound to be a profit risk at best anyway. (Although no risk for TP personally will be involved, save for the risk of going down in history as the guy who played and released the same dozen tracks a million times, but that's another aspect of this topic, that DOES apply, but that already has been covered.)

Not that I don't see your ultimate point here, and probably even share your over all view, but bringing that clip up with that reasoning, on this issue, seems a bit far fetched, not to say harsh, don't you think? Not sure TP deserves one these days, but in this case, give him a break!

My guess is unless they have a night they think they did an excellent job, it'll be a double album from different shows; the advantage of that is, the greater the chance of Swingin', Good Enough, Stop Draggin', make the album and whatever else they pull out before the last hollywood bowl show is over.

1 hour ago, Babydoll said:

They did shoot video at 3 shows this tour. I hope they put out a full show on DVD. That would make a great Christmas present!

My guess is unless they have a night they think they did an excellent job, it'll be a double album from different shows with accompanying dvd, the advantage of that is, the greater the chance of Swingin', Good Enough, Stop Draggin', make the album and whatever else they pull out before the last hollywood bowl show is over.