BTdude

Live Tracks from 40th Anniversary Tour to Premiere Today on Tom Petty Radio

David Fricke will premiere (3) live tracks from the 40th Anniversary Tour on his show today between 6pm-10pm ET / 3pm-7pm PT on Tom Petty Radio.  Each track was recorded in a different location......

^ Me neither. Those two played on the radio would be about half of what I'd consider the value core of such release. Add Time to Move One and Walls.... maybe Stop Draggin' My Heart Around and Crawling Back To You... and perhaps an EP would cover the needs this time. Would be a killer EP at that!! Hope they'll consider it, despite everything.

Judging from countless youtube clips.. how about a 12" Live record for next year's RSD?

A1. Rockin' Around With You

A2. Swingin'

A3. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around

A4. Time To Move On

B1. Forgotten Man

B2. You Got Lucky

B3. Walls 

B4. Something Good Coming

Sounds like a dream to me. Great songs, not too much represented on live releases in the past, and for most parts great moments to have the Webb Sisters quality of this tour highlighted too. Sure, it may be argued that my suggestions are a bit "mellow heavy", but frankly, aside from the beaten to death dittys that are RDAD, Refugee, YWM, ISHKI, most all other great TP rockers have long sinced been ignored and unplayed by TP, so.. so it goes. At least Forgotten Man could add a litle pulse and flair in this case. It's not optimal in my book, but it gets the job done. So, here's hoping.

On July 20, 2017 at 6:45 AM, Shelter said:

Sounds like a dream to me. Great songs, not too much represented on live releases in the past, and for most parts great moments to have the Webb Sisters quality of this tour highlighted too. Sure, it may be argued that my suggestions are a bit "mellow heavy", but frankly, aside from the beaten to death dittys that are RDAD, Refugee, YWM, ISHKI, most all other great TP rockers have long sinced been ignored and unplayed by TP, so.. so it goes.

That's a pretty good list though I do think it is too "mellow heavy."  I know it's been overplayed since '95 but throw in You Wreck Me on Side B;  Mike and Ben have gotten even looser during the bridge.

Maybe the band will pull out some more songs during the Hollywood bowl shows and have a full double live compilation album from this tour. If so, I think Swingin' from Red Rocks is a pretty good version to use though I'd have to listen to the other times they played it to see how it compares; I think I really enjoy the looseness of the intro from Red Rocks.

cheers